Talk

Advanced search

rash vests - are these protective against UV rays ?

(9 Posts)
Wheelybug Thu 05-Jul-07 15:45:32

Am looking for a two piece sun suit or just a t-shirt for dd. Are rash vests the same or something different ?

MrsBadger Thu 05-Jul-07 15:56:01

Only if they say they are UV protective - rash vests are just there to stop your wetsuit chafing (though I have worn mine when snorkelling etc and it did stop me burning)

Wheelybug Thu 05-Jul-07 15:57:30

ah right - thanks. Thought they must be something technical. Thats a shame - back to the search then !

MrsBadger Thu 05-Jul-07 15:58:16

how old is she? can the MN Google Posse help you look?

Wheelybug Thu 05-Jul-07 16:01:21

I would say she's about size 2-3. I didn't want to spend a lot on it as its just for one holiday and was hoping to either get one in the boden sale or next sale (or get the next one) but they've sold out.

If anyone has any ideas that would be smashing - I want a two piece as she will be potty trained by then (she will, she will) !

MrsBadger Thu 05-Jul-07 16:52:06

et voila!
they have matching shorts too

Wheelybug Thu 05-Jul-07 17:29:51

oh wow - you star ! I thought I'd looked in the Adams sale too.

THank you very very muchly !

accessorizewithbabysick Thu 05-Jul-07 19:50:11

Boots doing some at present too. Buy one get one half price (so matching hat or so forth).

Wheelybug Thu 05-Jul-07 20:37:46

thanks - Have just managed to order the Adams one (the site was messing about). Got the shorts too as it was such a bargain but I don't know why as dd will only wear dresses and the occasional skirt but I'm a sucker for matching !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now