Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you have a TechnoXT? How tall are you? Am I too short? Does it fit across the back of a Picasso?

(24 Posts)
SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:39:39

I have heard that they can be uncomfortable to push for those of us who are vertically challenged (5'2").

Any shorter people got them and OK with them?

Does it still fit across the boot of a Picasso when folded if it has longer handles?

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 14:46:54

When I say across the back of a Picasso - I mean in a straight line (not diagonallY)

bagpuss Thu 05-Jul-07 18:17:30

Mine is OK to push and I'm 5'5", but if I was any shorter I think I might struggle. We have a c-max and it only goes diagonally across the boot unless I really shove it in which is not ideal. Now that ds2 is 2 I am thinking that I might buy a volo as they fold shorter, but I do love my techno (mine is a classic). We have had ours since ds2 was newborn and we have managed this far so it can't be all that bad!

Misdee Thu 05-Jul-07 18:25:38

i have one. well a classic. fits fine across the back of a tino. am 5ft 3.

JoyS Thu 05-Jul-07 18:39:03

I've got an XT & I'm 5'1". I find it kind of uncomfortable to push but you do get used to it. It goes in our ford focus just fine right across the boot.

I have to say, I just got another pushchair with an adjustable handle and it is so much more nicer!

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 18:39:58

I have just been looking actually and I don't think it is barely any higher than the other MaClarens on the markert (the Techno XT XLR is 110cm, the volo is 104cm)

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 18:40:34

Which one is nicer Joy the XT or the other? What is the other?

JoyS Thu 05-Jul-07 18:49:32

The new pushchair is nicer. It's a Red Castle Whizz, not really that compact but so pretty!

The XT is definitely a good all rounder but if you're getting it for a second pushchair, I'd go for a smaller one, the quest or similar. If you're getting it for a newborn, it's ok but it doesn't have any shocks at all and it's quite a bumpy ride.

NannyL Thu 05-Jul-07 18:50:32

I use a techno XT.... it fits fine in the boot of my clio.

Im only 5ft 2 and i do find it a bit tall tbh (i have used hundreds of buggies in my time lol, and this is not the best or worst)

The adjustable handles can make them taller... which my 6ft 4 boss uses!

Have to say i dont like the techno XT very much.... but then lots of people do!

Give me a maclaren volo anyday!

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 18:58:40

The XT does have shocks (or at least the 07 model does). Thats one of hte selling points for me. The volo does not lie back so is not an option for me. Although it is for my 14m old I want it to have a good lay back position so would have to be suitable from birth or 3m.

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 18:59:55

Misdee queen of pushchairs...what is you queenly opinion on the Techno?

Bare in mind I want t good layback as I have just described

CristinaTheAstonishing Thu 05-Jul-07 19:08:36

We bought a Techno XT partly because it was one of the tallest handled around. I'm 5'7" and DH is 6' something.

Misdee Thu 05-Jul-07 20:01:12

its lovely. really roomy for a toddler, ok for sleeping, good easy lay back. should've got one sooner.

dont go for the XLR as its huge.

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 05-Jul-07 20:11:38

I wasn't going for the XLR - but I assumed the measurements were similar.

SquareSausage Thu 05-Jul-07 20:15:49

I've got one. I love it. It seemed so light compared to the Quinny I had for DS. I'm 5ft 4in and I've never found it uncomfortable. DH loves it. Mind you it's not a patch on my shiny new P&T sport! <<smug!>>

SlightlyMadSalmon Thu 05-Jul-07 20:19:22

OK I know I have asked this before, but I don't think I had teh pushchair queen answer

Misdee is there anything you would recommend over the XT?
Must be suitable from birth or 3m
Must be compact (umbrella?) fold
Must have raincover & basket

Must get all of the above for less than £150

<SMS wishes she was a little less indecisive>

Misdee Thu 05-Jul-07 20:25:28

quite simply.

no.

the techno is the best stroller suitable from birth. unless you are well below 5ft, then you may want to consider something with shorter handles.

SlightlyMadSalmon Thu 05-Jul-07 20:26:12

Feeling a little less decisive now (thakyou QueenMisdee)

MrsFish Thu 05-Jul-07 20:33:55

I have the XT and I am 5ft 3", I have never felt uncomfortable pushing it. We have had it for 2 years now and I will be using it again for the next lo It has done miles and miles during its time and is still good, I highly recommend it. We also have the smaller Maclaren Triumph which I mainly use now that DS is 2 and that fits in my smart car straight across

SlightlyMadSalmon Thu 05-Jul-07 20:35:55

Can I come up and test drive it MrsFish ?

MrsFish Thu 05-Jul-07 20:37:53

The smart or the XT?

SlightlyMadSalmon Thu 05-Jul-07 20:42:19

The XT. I wouldn't go near a smart car with a barge pole (besides I have 3 children to fit in)

flibbertyjibbet Thu 05-Jul-07 20:45:19

I just bought a Maclaren Ryder from another mner, its the same height as the XT. I am 5'2" and DS is 6'1". He thinks its great, and I used it today and it was fine. But our other pram was an urban detour and they are quite high too, I prefer it, makes me check my posture pushing!
I drive an old rover 214 and threw it in the boot easy peesy.

nectarine Fri 06-Jul-07 15:01:05

I am 5'2'' and I have no prob with pushing it. We have xt 07 with adjustable handles - the lowest position is 104cm - heaven comparing to silvercross pop which I had before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now