Talk

Advanced search

Talk to me about the loola...

(19 Posts)
tassis Tue 03-Jul-07 20:42:03

I saw this pushchair recently and just can't get it out of my head!

I have a 3 in 1 mamas and papas that I love and a quest that's looking a bit grotty. I've decided that I really really want a rear facing stroller, is the loola a good option?

Is it too heavy for an on-and-off-the-bus-throw-it-in-the-boot stroller?

(please don't ask when I last went on a bus or why I don't just clean my quest!)

mumto3girls Tue 03-Jul-07 20:43:51

I had a loola for 2 weeks - the wheel fell off and I found that a good enough excuse to get rid of it. It's heavy, it doesn't fold that small and the wheel base is wide..

I still think it looks nice tho, but couldn't put up with it.

tassis Tue 03-Jul-07 20:50:54

yes, the weight does put me off

and the price

anyone else?

MrsKrabadger Tue 03-Jul-07 20:59:49

[stern face]

clean the Quest

you know it makes sense

mamimwnci Tue 03-Jul-07 21:04:21

I bought a loola off ebay without seeing one in RL...what a mistake! They try and market it as small folding but if you notice all the pitures of how small it is folded are of it without the seat unit attatched to it! When it's all together it's big and heavy. Plus the basket underneath is small and you can't really get to it or fill it with much cause there are bars that go across underthere that make it really inaccessable.

I also found it really wide to push, it felt like the handles were really far apart! And finally...the seat unit doesn't really feel like it has defined recline positions, if that makes sense! it felt a bit 'neither here nor there'!!!

Obviously just my opinion, but I do now look at people with loolas and think 'you're not really happy with that are you?!!'

smittenkitten Tue 03-Jul-07 21:27:40

i love my loola

i don't think it's particularly heavy for a proper pushchair and it is smaller than M&P and others.

I think it looks fab, is really manoeverable. basket is a bit small but the cross frame means it's like a shelf and you can put a nappy bag etc on that.

tassis Wed 04-Jul-07 09:52:16

hmm, but smittenkitten the point is I have a "proper pushchair" and this is to be my foldy up stroller...

...no one think it's a go-er?

Thinking I may have to nip to the Pram Shop and try one...need to get it out of my head.

MrsKB - you're so right, I need to at very least clean the raincover which is a disgrace and I'm sure dd wouldn't even be able to see out of it!

Mindles Wed 04-Jul-07 09:54:44

I bought a loola second hand from a wonderful lady on here and I love it! I don't think it's too heavy, it folds up smaller than my britax travel system pushchair and the baby is really comfy in it. I haven't had any problems with the reclining seat I find it just fine but do agree that the basket is utterly crap. although it has got funny little things on the side to hang your shopping on - they are great!

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 09:55:31

see?

and there are no truly lightweight, umbrella-folding rear-facing strollers. They just don't exist. Go to a shop and push and fold the Loola, then try a Quest.

tassis Wed 04-Jul-07 09:59:46

but the quest is so boring

and grubby

and faded

and predictable

and dh was about to spend £60 on a kilt waistcoat thing that there's NO WAY he needs so I feel the time could be now!!

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 10:11:25

personally I'd live with the Quest, however grubby, in order to prevent DH from getting such a thing as a 'kilt waistcoat'

Get a new buggysnuggle or a sheepskin for it to freshen it up.

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Jul-07 10:14:40

ooh mrs badger will you please tell me that i have perfectly adeqaute m&p o-zon (almost as good as new) and an m&p pulse that is well used but has provided good service and there is no need to buy a new pram for the next baby?

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Jul-07 10:15:29

please excuse hideous spelling in previous post

mumto3girls Wed 04-Jul-07 10:24:52

there's ALWAYS a need to buy a new pram...

MrsBadger Wed 04-Jul-07 10:40:39

Connor
wait till babe is born
buy a gorgeous gender-appropriate Buggysnuggle
go on holiday with the money you've saved

stringbean Wed 04-Jul-07 14:25:03

I had a Loola - got rid of it after six months. Far too heavy and unwieldy, difficult to push up and down kerbs, shopping basket was very small and it was hard to get anything into it. Definitely not the sort of pushchair to take on the bus, and I kept mine in the house as it was such a pain to lift in and out of the boot. It did have some nice features, but the many negatives outweighed them. It's definitely not a replacement for a stroller.

ConnorTraceptive Wed 04-Jul-07 16:13:36

ah thank you mrs badger you speak much sense

sarahlou1uk Thu 05-Jul-07 16:29:02

I've got a Loola and yes, it is heavy and a pain to get up and down kerbs, but is great when rearfacing.

Mindles - pmsl when I read your post about you handing your shopping on the funny bits at the side! They are to attach the change bag to!!!!

sarahlou1uk Thu 05-Jul-07 16:29:24

hanging even!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now