Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ok 2nd try. New title. I think I've invented something.

(13 Posts)
princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 14:58:31

Just posted under one of my other names (I changed a few days ago when I was hungry)and had no luck.

I think I've thought of a great new kitchen product.
Does anyone know which companies/organisations I can talk to to about it? Dragons den maybe?

I could be rich!!

mumto3girls Tue 03-Jul-07 14:59:54

you have to patent it asap

SoMuchToBits Tue 03-Jul-07 15:00:26

What is it? <nosey emoticon>

How about trying someone like Lakeland?

WaynettaWiggumSpice Tue 03-Jul-07 15:00:41

Don't know much about this, but if it's that good, you need to register its patent.

But before you waste any time / money, do hours of web research to make sure it doesn't already exist.

And then do some market research.

And then make a million (or 10!!!)

Good luck

princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 15:10:21

Ooh lakeland sounds fab!!! Or bettawear.

How do I tell them without them stealing my idea??

Go to do school run. Back later.

princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 15:59:05

Ok they don't have them in bettawear or lakeland.

Its so simple it must have been done. Its obvious.
It would be good for health and safety, hygene all sorts.

How much to patents cost??

saffymum Tue 03-Jul-07 16:03:38

don't tell without patent!!
do your research on who to sell to, where, how much production cost etc to see if its worth it.

Look up a PEST and SWOT analysis on marketing websites and really do your sums before you spend any money. You could get investors or just take a loan from your bank.

good luck

WaynettaWiggumSpice Tue 03-Jul-07 16:07:59

have a look here

princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 16:25:33

I've rung lakeland and she said they get lots of suggestions every year. I asked what the procedure was and she said I should write in with it.
So I said 'but you might steal my idea!' She said 'we'd never do that'...
I asked if I'd get any money for it and she spoke to someone and called me back. Apparantly they offer to buy the idea off you. The ammount depends on the idea and how advanced it is. hmmm, not sure about that....

Looked quickly at that website and it says it can take up to 18 m to patent an idea.

I'm ringing John Lewis now.

lovelymoo Tue 03-Jul-07 18:04:16

check to make sure noone else has patent the idea. It may not be in the shops but someone may have already thought of it. You can patent any idea that hasn't been developed yet and wait till a company want to start producing it. Some ideas are patent years before they are developed.
Do lots and lots of research first
Good luck

princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 18:08:08

Spoke to my brother and he said that I should write the idea down , and get it witnessed/signed by my lawyer friend before writing to Lakeland with it. Just in case.
He also said that if they offered me an ammount I should probably take it. As it would cost loads to patent it, make it and then noone/company may buy it . I would. Lots of mnetters would. I think.

princessmel Tue 03-Jul-07 18:08:46

How would I find out if its been patented or not???

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Tue 03-Jul-07 18:14:40

this might help (or it might not

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now