Talk

Advanced search

What online companies will deliver me a washing machine pronto?

(19 Posts)
SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 14:10:27

Mine has just eaten 2 nappies and there's a scarey looking metallic piece that seems to be loose between the drum and the outside bit. It's over 5 years old and has been repaired a couple of times so it's time for a new one.

I want a silver/grey one so it "matches" the tumble drier and JL has only white or one overpriced stainless steel. Debenhams claims "delivery within 3 weeks"!!

LennyLapin Tue 03-Jul-07 14:11:10

have you tried Tescos?

LennyLapin Tue 03-Jul-07 14:13:09

3 to 7 days delivery

EmilyDavidson Tue 03-Jul-07 14:14:39

Do you know anyone with a reasonable size car cos you can pick one up in currys and bung it in the back of a mondeo there and then

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 14:14:42

Just looking...

I don't have time for this. Sigh.

Hathor Tue 03-Jul-07 14:17:05

The Coop Electrical Shop has lots and will deliver next day for some items. We used them and they did deliver in a couple of days.

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 14:33:03

It's finding someone with a reasonable sized car and either no children or a handy babysitter!!

<<insert expletives>> At least my laundry basket is currently empty.

It has to be :
silver/grey
preferably push buttons with child lock rather than dial
1400 + spin
Available by the weekend
Would be nice if it loaded, unloaded and hung the washing up all by itself too.

Right, off on school run to see if my friend with an 8 seater can take me to electrical superstore tomorrow!!

Will also look at co-op...

Hathor Tue 03-Jul-07 14:34:35

They also take away the old one for a small fee I think. Good luck.

kando Tue 03-Jul-07 14:40:59

Second the Co-op. Got our fridge/freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer (oh, and dvd player!) delivered from them - excellent service! Also took away our old washer (but we may have had to pay for this, can't remember!)

accessorizewithbabysick Tue 03-Jul-07 14:43:14

Just ordered a dryer (the shame) from electrical 123 and they were fab fab fab. Ordered monday evening, delivered Weds morning (within 3 hour slot notified by text/email the night before).

DominiConnor Tue 03-Jul-07 14:49:05

I recommend without hesitation the Co Op.
They were close to the cheapest, but unlike most of the others actually carry stock so can deliver quickly.
Not only did they deliver when they promised, within 48 hours, but when we discovered that we couldn't be in, they moved it along a day without complaint of screwing up.
They also unpacked and removed the rubbish.
This contrasts heavily with Comet who when delivering strewed waste over the house, and the road to such an extent that we had to remove the crap because Comet's deliver people had actually blocked the road.
Coop staff are friendly and efficient, in Britain, and all told it was a pleasant experience.

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 15:36:45

Co-op only have one silver one and it's only 1200 spin. I know that if I order a white one it'll p*ss me off every time I see it next to the silver dryer!

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 15:40:09

123 only have the same silver one...

WendyWeber Tue 03-Jul-07 15:54:30

Comet have 5 silver 1400 spin ones - price range £200 (haier, never heard of it) - £800.

We have used Comet in the past and been satisfied with them, and they can sometimes deliver quickly, it depends on where you are and what the product is.

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 16:05:57

Found the new version of my old machine which looks ideal... but can I wait a week for it with 3 children? I can see myself having to wander round the s*dding electrical stores tomorrow. Bah! Comet only have it in white.

Oh it's all so tedious It's not like I actually enjoy doing the washing either.

seb1 Tue 03-Jul-07 16:22:09

Argos do express delivery of 2/3 days

seb1 Tue 03-Jul-07 16:25:49

express option

seb1 Tue 03-Jul-07 16:28:27

another option

SoupDragon Tue 03-Jul-07 16:39:06

Thanks everyone.

I'm going to go and lock myself in the garage and drink my way through the wine collection instead.

And then take my hangover round the hellhole that is the electrical superstores in Croydon tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now