Talk

Advanced search

are you a fair skinned, blonde haired 30 something?

(41 Posts)
cheeryface Mon 02-Jul-07 21:41:37

with normal skin (sometimes dry) ???

well, which is the VERY best foundation then?

i have spent a fortune these last few weeks trying to find a good one.

help if you can!!

DrippingLizzie Mon 02-Jul-07 21:42:59

I fit that description and I love Clinique Superbalanced foundation...have you tried it?

cheeryface Mon 02-Jul-07 21:45:10

thanx, no, not tried that one

rantinghousewife Mon 02-Jul-07 21:45:12

I'm not blonde, (ginge)but with the palest skin you're likely to encounter and I use Laura Mercier mineral powder foundation. Mostly because it's light enough to not looked caked on and I'm so pale most other foundation looks fake on me.

NikkiBFG Mon 02-Jul-07 21:45:13

Was just typing in Clinique and realised I couldn't spell it (now I can, thanks to DrippingLizzie!) - its good stuff! Also really recommend Estee Lauder idealist skin refinisher...its £45 a pot but you only need a tiny amount that goes on underneath moisturiser and it really makes the skin smooth and calms any redness down - I love it!

MamaG Mon 02-Jul-07 21:47:21

Yes I am.

Unfortunately I don't use foundation as I'm blessed with excellent skin

I just use a tinted moisturiser <preen>

Rumpel Mon 02-Jul-07 21:49:56

Am very very white - have spent a fortune too! Only 1 I can get pale enough (and even it is a bit too dark) is Max Factor 100 Fair. No SPF though, so recently bought Clinique repairwear Alabaster breeze with an SPF 15 but find it too orange - needed 1 with an SPF though! I wish cosmetic companies would consider the paler people among us - we especially need an SPF! Grrr

NikkiBFG Mon 02-Jul-07 21:50:43

MamaG

sweetkitty Mon 02-Jul-07 21:50:50

I have crap skin and I use Clinque Superbalanced as well colour Alabaster

rantinghousewife Mon 02-Jul-07 21:52:24

With you on that one rumpel, I use a spf face block 30 underneath.

hana Mon 02-Jul-07 21:52:51

I have never owned a foundation either, I woulnd't know where to start! Do have MAC blusher, it's great

I am of the species you describe and being at the poorer end of the spectrum and never having tried a Clinique foundation [swoon], I find Maybelline Wonderfinish to be the best you can get for under a tenner.

SenoraPostrophe Mon 02-Jul-07 21:57:30

the body shop used to do the palest one. It's paler than the clinique one

but I only use it as concealer - full foundation looks silly on pale skin imo.

do you know in spain they only go down to shade 2 in everything? I don't really care but had to use 10 yr old foundation for my wedding day as was unable to buy new.

sweetkitty Mon 02-Jul-07 22:04:34

Thing is the Clinique one is pricey but it lasts ages at least 6 months, Boots ones seem to last me no time so it's really a saving buying it (thats what I tell myself anyway)

MarsLady Mon 02-Jul-07 22:07:37

Yes!

<<mars runs off laughing>>

rantinghousewife Mon 02-Jul-07 22:07:47

Clinique always seems to dry my skin out and it irritates it aswell, am I the only one?

SenoraPostrophe Mon 02-Jul-07 22:11:58

the body shop; one lasts 10 years.

admit have only tested the clinique one in the shop though.

cheeryface Mon 02-Jul-07 22:26:53

clinique seems popular then!

Rumpel Wed 04-Jul-07 10:11:45

Still think Clinique might be too orange for you though - I have major probs trying to blend it in to my snowy neck! I am now researching the mineral foundations and thinking I may try 1 of those - they do a Goth white - which you could mix with a pale shade to get the right one for you. SPF 15 - 20 too.

Enid Wed 04-Jul-07 10:13:29

Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in Nude

fabby

with a bit of her secret concealer for any red bits

LaBoheme Wed 04-Jul-07 10:16:40

Bobby Brown - the liquid one - absolutely the best foindation for my skin ever and I am fair, slightly dry blonde 30 yo.

Lizzer Wed 04-Jul-07 10:35:38

Hey cheeryface! Another vote for clinique superbalanced here, and I fit that picture too Don't use all the time though, just evenings out (when I used to have them) and bad-skin days... I jst use moisturiser, line-smoothing concealer (amazing stuff) and bronzing powder usually. Works better for me than tinted moisturiser cos you can dab the colour where you need it ot all over...

RH, I can only use clinique as allergic to loads of other stuff, I honestly daren't try anything else as I just explode into a rash! (And I have tried, I promise )

Furball Wed 04-Jul-07 10:44:58

No 7 Intellint colour

Furball Wed 04-Jul-07 10:45:26

oops - intelligent colour

SweetyDarling Wed 04-Jul-07 10:45:40

Benefit, Non-Fiction

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now