Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Phil & Ted car seat adapter

(10 Posts)
Freddie78 Mon 02-Jul-07 18:05:24

Am thinking of getting the Phil and Ted Sport 3 Wheeler but want to know if the car seat adpater, which have been told turns it into a travel system, is easy to use or not. Also - does it work with the Maxi Cosi CabrioFix car seat?

Pixiefish Mon 02-Jul-07 18:18:20

no idea but bookmarking as I didn't know this was possible

Freddie78 Mon 02-Jul-07 18:22:09

Yes - there is an adapter, which costs about £20, but am confused as to which car seats it works with... hopefully someone out there will know. Am new to this site.

Pixiefish Mon 02-Jul-07 18:28:45

Never seen that before but I had a look and it's on Amazon in the USA. Have you seen it in the UK?

ProjectIcarus Mon 02-Jul-07 18:35:16

i've got one. And a maxi cosi cabriofix. It is fine. the straps buckle across the seat then you rest the ends of the seat on the adaptor and the bar.

With a bit of creativity you can then sttach the loops to the bar and then round the grey bit on the back of the cabriofix.

No doubles mode with the car seat on though.

hth

Freddie78 Mon 02-Jul-07 18:35:23

yes - the UK distributor is a company called out and about (www.outnabout-atp.com). you can get the adapter from a number of stockists in the UK.

Freddie78 Mon 02-Jul-07 18:36:57

hi there project icarus - sounds a bit fiddly. do you think it's better to use the maxi cosi or the phil and ted car seat? (the maxi cosi seems to be safer, better reviews etc)

ProjectIcarus Mon 02-Jul-07 18:39:57

welll i went in favour of safety. It is well fiddly to set up but fine once you have done it once.

(but I bought a zapp for those car seat moments - spendthrift emoticon required )

Freddie78 Mon 02-Jul-07 18:43:38

the zapp might be a good option... am totally overwhelmed by all the kit you can get! (first time mum)

bagpuss Mon 02-Jul-07 18:46:49

I only used my car seat adapter about twice. Sooo fiddly to set up and once an assistant in mothercare came up to me to tell me off for balancing my car seat on the buggy . Really not very good at all for quickness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now