Talk

Advanced search

Baby monitors- advice please on when 2 needed in house

(8 Posts)
pulapula Sat 30-Jun-07 21:13:15

We have a toddler and newborn.

In a few months they will be sharing a room, but in meantime, I bought a new monitor for baby.

But it turns out both monitirs are analogue and interfere with each other.

We don't want to buy an expensive digital monitor. Any solutions? Cheap digitals? Analogue monitors which don't interfere?

slinkee Sat 30-Jun-07 21:16:07

How close are their bedrooms? Our 5 mnth old is in our room with a monitor but we can hear our dd on it if she calls us as she is in the bedroom next door.

LIZS Sat 30-Jun-07 21:17:31

Can both be received by one adult set by putting on the same channel . Just play around with locations so they are n't too near each other(ie on adjacent wall). Alternatviely position and turn up the transmitting one to pick up noise from both.

pulapula Sat 30-Jun-07 21:25:20

Thanks for the speedy advice. Their rooms are next to each other, but quite large, but we might have a go at using just one set positioned somewhere in between.

Although the 2 sets of monitors we have are Both tomy, they don't seem to have a consistent channel lizs so don't think this will work. they just set off warning bleeps and interfere on whatever channel we choose.

shhhh Sat 30-Jun-07 22:57:19

We have 2 babies...well a 2 year old and 18 weeks old and we use A tomy monitor for dd and the angelcare with ds..we also use a swan video monitor for ds for udring the day purely so we can watch insetad of listen to him.

TBH we don't have any problems with the 2 monitors...Some days we have interference..some days we don't. We jsut either swap channels or move them to a spot where we can still listen but without interference.

BTW ds is in our room and dd's is opposite. Only 1 monitor is on when in bed BUT both get used before we go to bed and at nap times.

If I was you I would call tomy, we had problems with one of our monitors a few weeks back in that it keep bleeping like it had no power even though it was plugged into a socket.Tomy customer services was brill and sent us a new plug to try..no problems since but they ahve told me to contact them if any concerns.

shhhh Sat 30-Jun-07 22:58:57

sorry about typing mistakes..not the best at fast typing and even worse after a few glasses of wine .

pulapula Sun 01-Jul-07 21:14:42

thanks for all the advice.

DH looked at tomy website, and found some advice about channel settings etc, and we now have 2 fully functioning sets of monitors. We tried just using 1 set at lunchtime before this was sorted, and we were unable to hear DD.

Thanks again. much appreciated.

shhhh Sun 01-Jul-07 21:17:49

glad its sorted. TBH we use both as there is no way one monitor would be able to pick up both dd and ds..Although the rooms are opposite each other they are big rooms so not good for a single monitor...

Any other probs then call Tomy, I found them brill. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now