Talk

Advanced search

Product needed to stop toddler escaping from buggy EVERY day

(29 Posts)
nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:33:34

Sunshine Kids Lock-Tite harness clip.. is it any good?

My friend's ds (2y), slips his arms out of his buggy harness, then unstraps himself and jumps out. Every time she leaves the house she knows that, at some point, she will be chasing him down the street like a mad woman!

I told her that I am sure I read somewhere about some kind of clip that goes over the straps or clasp bit, but am not sure if it is the Lock-Tite product and am not sure if it works...

any help would be appreciated.

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:36:44

bump.... please?

NormaStanleyFletcher Fri 29-Jun-07 18:37:29

erm - duct tape?

CarGirl Fri 29-Jun-07 18:38:23

Use walking type reins and attach them to the d rings in the buggy - much snugger fit!

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 29-Jun-07 18:39:03

Will await good suggestions, because my son, Houdini, can get out of ANY 5 point harness - be it car seat, reins or buggy.

Ive run out of ideas.

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:39:12

ooh that might work as he can't undo it if the opening device is behind him eh???

Whoooosh Fri 29-Jun-07 18:39:37

Medicine Ball?

Bicycle padlock and chain thingy?

Staple gun?

Sorry-not being very helpful-I just make sure dd's straps are so tight she can barely breathe...

CarGirl Fri 29-Jun-07 18:39:39

how does he get out of reins if you've fitted them very snug????

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:39:47

VVV - oh dear, maybe there is no hope then

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 29-Jun-07 18:40:15

My DS can get out of reins. He just wriggles and squirms until he finds a way out.

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:40:30

i have seen him do it. my friend is tearing her hair out. he is incredible!

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 18:41:17

so does anyone know anything about this so-called Sunshine Kids Lock-Tite harness clip?

LadyVictoriaOfCake Fri 29-Jun-07 18:41:47

dd3 is the same. she is mini houdini. doesnt help that she is so slim so most straps are too lose even on tight fittings

CarGirl Fri 29-Jun-07 18:42:27

I was of the whoooosh opinion, for snug read "can bearly breathe" any chance she can give up the buggy and let him walk instead or go on a buggy board?

Crocky Fri 29-Jun-07 18:44:15

Someone suggested crossing the straps across the front. Not sure if that would help.

MrsBadger Fri 29-Jun-07 18:50:54

Lock-Tite one - at £4 it's worth a bash

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 29-Jun-07 18:50:59

Nope, doesnt work Crocky.

MrsBadger Fri 29-Jun-07 18:52:23

or there's this kind of thing

fillyjonk Fri 29-Jun-07 19:01:14

um

he doesn't want to be there, does she really need to do this?

he is 2, after all. surely reins would be a better solution?

my dd can get out of ANYTHING and did from about 13 months. ds also could but wasn't so bothered-LIKED being pushed about . But I found it must more productive to use bribery and trickery and manipulation than any device on the market.

VeniVidiVickiQV Fri 29-Jun-07 19:04:36

I would imagine if her DS is anything like mine, the first thing he'd want to do is going and play with the traffic.

Or, run off in one direction and Just Not Stop.

Bribery is nothing compared the thrill and rush of running away, apparently.

DS also does this with his car seat when he chooses to and whether he likes it or not, he HAS to be strapped in.

fillyjonk Fri 29-Jun-07 19:12:41

yes but that is where you use reins

believe me i have 2 x traffic lovers.

I honestly have found reins to be 100x less stressful than looking down at an empty pushchair.

and at 2-both mine were normally walking at that age anyway, its a little old to be in the pushchair for any length of time, surely?

fillyjonk Fri 29-Jun-07 19:13:16

car seat is pita, agree non negotiable.

there is a product called hug it which works but which is not rospa approved.

cameleon Fri 29-Jun-07 20:04:06

I had the same problem with ds2 20months, I bought the sunshine kids one first but it wouldn't fit on my pushchair because the straps aren't removable. You have to fit it by threading the harness through little slots.
I now have a hug-it and its fantastic, he hasn't escaped since and has now given up trying.

nally Fri 29-Jun-07 21:09:27

does this hug-it thing work ok on a buggy?

he honestly is very quick getting out of the buggy and if she so much as blinks he is running away at 100 mph!

she has tried reins and he refuses to walk. he just wants to be free to run around. unfortunately he is also a traffic lover!

cameleon Fri 29-Jun-07 21:32:08

I use it on a bugaboo, he used to be able to get out in seconds without it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: