Talk

Advanced search

My Tesco kettle has been recalled :(

(13 Posts)
LIZS Fri 29-Jun-07 14:36:04

Tesco cordless kettle JKR16 has been recalled due to a fault. Just read it in today's paper and won't be able to make the trek there for a replacement until tomorrow now so do I risk using it still or rely on saucepan ? Don't suppose they'll refund my petrol (about a 12 miles round trip) either.

LIZS Fri 29-Jun-07 17:37:07

anyone else got one - it glows as it boils !

Twinklemegan Mon 09-Jul-07 00:05:33

Wow, I just found this thread. We've been intending to return ours for a refund because it's leaking from the bottom when you pour it. And apparently the fault is the potential for scalding - I bet that's it. Thank you so much - I'd never have known about the recall otherwise.

NannyL Mon 09-Jul-07 09:25:01

personally id risk it

also when tesco had stones in my hot cross buns... (quite large almost pebble size ) i made such a fuss and got a £5 tesco voucher to cover my time and petrol

I think if you make enough fuss and complain loud enough they give you a £5 voucher to keep you happy!

(i then wrote to them and got about £40 of tesco vouchers! as well )

Twinklemegan Mon 09-Jul-07 22:26:59

Well I'll be expecting a replacement or a full refund. Like I said, we were going to return it even before we found out about the recall. It's really dangerous actually. Boiling hot water literally pours out of the bottom when you pour from the spout.

MerlinsBeard Mon 09-Jul-07 22:28:45

i think i have this one. White with blue LED when you turn it on?

Twinklemegan Mon 09-Jul-07 22:29:21

Yes, the code's on a label on the bottom.

MerlinsBeard Mon 09-Jul-07 22:30:29

bottom of the kettle or the stand? will go downstairs in a sec. have never had a prob with it actually

Twinklemegan Mon 09-Jul-07 22:32:40

Bottom of the stand. How long have you had yours? We got ours in December. I'd say the fault developed about a month ago.

MerlinsBeard Mon 09-Jul-07 22:34:10

not got a clue, was def b4 xmas. we had one from next that poured water from a mystery hole. never cold water though oddly enough. will go look in a sec, want a brew anyway!

crokky Mon 09-Jul-07 22:34:19

How much did the kettle that has been recalled cost? I think this might be my kettle, it cost about £9.99 I think a few months ago?

Twinklemegan Mon 09-Jul-07 22:36:35

Yes that's the one I reckon. I guess you get what you pay for.

MerlinsBeard Mon 09-Jul-07 22:37:32

Jkr14w/16 is mine (according to tesco.com anyway!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now