Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

i candy apple

(18 Posts)
nappyaddict Wed 27-Jun-07 23:35:55

really want one of these but they are quite expensive. are there any cheap lookalikes out there?

MarsLady Thu 28-Jun-07 00:08:17

Now are you talking pram?

Cos I quite like the pram! Not that I can answer your question you understand!

alycat Thu 28-Jun-07 00:17:18

I loved mine worth every penny and the customer service was second to none. Much cheaper than many of the similar leading brands.

Great if you're tall.

BUT its wheels were not really big enough for the sort of extreme offroading I do - too many rabbit holes in our fields!

I returned it and got a full refund after using it several times as they had claimed it would be suitable - top marks to them.

nappyaddict Thu 28-Jun-07 00:22:22

what did you change it for?

alycat Thu 28-Jun-07 00:36:46

My son has special needs inc low muscle tone so the usual 3 wheelers are no use for us as the seats are not supportive or upright enough. (one of the major manufacturers does one up to age 10 but states 'not suitable for people with posural problems' not being funny but if he didn't have those he won't need one to go up to so large)

So I bought a second hand bebecar (could be a babeconfort I've had so many I lose track) multipla AT as they have stopped doing this chassis. I used to have one but DH bent it (don't ask) so I got one from the local paper, sadly it doesn't have the same front bar that swings open - you have to faff around sliding and pressing or lift him up and slide him in. So still looking....

nappyaddict Thu 28-Jun-07 00:56:10

i might be able to help. we have a zooper which is an excellent 3 wheeler and the bumper bar opens like a gate. we have the zydeco but i think this is the same but an older model. zooper

alycat Thu 28-Jun-07 14:37:12

Thanks Nappy, is that your one for sale? It looks really cool.

TBH I would have to sit him in one and some of them are a little reclined, but always looking for a recommendation.

nappyaddict Thu 28-Jun-07 16:58:06

no that isn't my one for sale. where abouts are you. i could let you try mine out if you're nearby.

alycat Fri 29-Jun-07 00:02:33

That is so kind, I have never even seen one of them before - are you a pram addict as well as a nappy addict??

I live in West Kent, where are you?

nappyaddict Fri 29-Jun-07 11:17:18

i am indeed lol.

oh unfortunately i am too far - west midlands.

they go quite cheap on ebay you could always resell it if it wasn't suitable.

wishingchair Fri 29-Jun-07 14:12:17

Hi nappyaddict ... I'm thinking of selling my icandy apple. Not sure if you'd be interested in a second hand jobbie. We've had it for about 10 months and really do like it but DH doesn't like pushing it (not quite sure what his problem is ... like many front swivel wheels, if you bounce down a kerb front wheels first, they can be a little bit unpredictable).

Let me know if you're interested ...

nappyaddict Fri 29-Jun-07 15:48:59

how much would you be thinking of selling it for?

wishingchair Mon 02-Jul-07 14:31:34

Gah I've no idea really. I bought it for £400. One went on ebay the other week for £250 and there's one on at the moment with a buy it now price of £300. So £250 I reckon ...

wishingchair Tue 03-Jul-07 19:22:44

bump in case nappyaddict didn't see and is interested. If not, don't worry!

nappyaddict Fri 06-Jul-07 17:07:45

oh i am interested but didn't realise they went for that much second hand. bet you'll get loads of offers though. i think i saw that on ebay. did it have the car seat and carry cot and everything? i asked her if she'd just sell the pushchair but she said no and i have no use for any of the other bits.

wishingchair Tue 10-Jul-07 22:36:54

They don't have the car seat but do have the carrycot ... are you really interested? The wheels do seem to have a mind of their own at times (if using it in 4 wheel mode ... not so in 3 wheel) which irritates me no end. But then it is a lovely big comfy pram and dd loves it. Anyway, if you are interested let me know. Going on hol for a week but will check when back x

Piffle Tue 10-Jul-07 22:38:51

I had one, tis massive really massive I ended up flogging it and buying a bugaboo cheaper 2nd hand
Candy apple is a sod to collapse too, you can pick em up cheaper on ebay if you're dead set though

nappyaddict Mon 01-Oct-07 07:48:58

is it right you can't fold it up in one piece with the seat unit on?

that's what i hate about my mutsy. i can't bloody fold it up with the seat on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now