Talk

Advanced search

Best pram / buggy?

(10 Posts)
graceuntoyou Wed 27-Jun-07 15:01:35

I am looking for a good quality pram / buggy. We are new to the UK (from Canada) and am finding the product range to be quite overwhelming.

These are the features I am looking for:

Large wheels, with front ones that swivel (I really am looking for something with 4 wheels, not the 8 double wheel system)
Easy to push
the pram bed needs to lie completely flat
can be used from birth to age 3/4yrs
the pushchair seat needs to be able to sit upright and at least semi-recline, if not lie flat also.
Suspension would be really nice also.

Are there any other features I should be looking for? Does anyone have any suggestions? And where would I buy one?

This will be our 4th baby (older children are 7yrs, 6yrs, 4yrs), so we are not completely new to this, but it has been a while. And we literally have no baby things at all, as we gave away everything when we moved here.

I don't really use buses / public transport much, so that isn't really an issue. But I do a lot of walking, and so want something very comfortable for the baby to ride in.

Oh baby is due in Dec, if that matters in deciding.

Thanks for any and all help!

TheBlonde Wed 27-Jun-07 15:44:31

Bugaboo?

Go to Mothercare or John Lewis to check them out

graceuntoyou Wed 27-Jun-07 15:49:06

Thank you for the suggestion.

I took a look at it online... and I am not really fond of the look of the pushchair component.... it doesn't look comfy, it looks small (like a child would outgrow it quickly), and it looks too "trendy" or "modern"? I guess I am wanting something a bit more classic/traditional looking.

Thanks again for the suggestion - I am open to any other ideas.

TheBlonde Wed 27-Jun-07 16:17:49

Check out the mumsnet reviews too

nectarine Wed 27-Jun-07 18:00:57

mutsy?

www.mutsy.com

LadyVictoriaOfCake Wed 27-Jun-07 18:03:43

mutsy light rider as opposed to the urban rider IMO. but the seat units are very small on those.

what about a 3 wheel system? the mountain buggy urban is a great buggy, large seat, easy to steer, good off roading, can get carrycots for them as well.

hana Wed 27-Jun-07 18:07:43

I'd go for a mcclaren techno xt myself (doesnt' tick all your boxes, but it a fab fab from birth buggy that will do up to 4+ if need be!)

bebe comfort are good makes, as are mama and papas. I would suggest going into John Lewis and giving your list to one of the assistants, they are pretty good at that sort of thing.

Loopymumsy Wed 27-Jun-07 19:03:52

Message withdrawn

graceuntoyou Thu 28-Jun-07 14:21:24

Thank you so much for all your help ladies!!

I looked at everything online, and I am really loving the Mutsy Urban Rider (that model won me over with the option to make it a double buggy if needed, rather than the light rider).

I really love the toddler seat / steering wheel option too.

I am heading out this weekend to "test drive" one.

Thanks again for your help!

auntyspan Thu 28-Jun-07 16:06:09

Have a look at the Mamas & Papas Pliko Pramette. It has a system where the baby can lie flat and not be strapped in, like a pram. Then you flip it over (not with the baby in it, obviously...!) and it turns into a great little pushchair.

There's an optional car seat that clips into the frame too. Have a look here

HTH xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now