We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

dishwasher recomendations?

(17 Posts)
hettie Tue 26-Jun-07 15:39:36

Anyone know which ones "which" have reviwed well? Or have good usage themselves from?
Cheers,
Hettie

NannyL Wed 27-Jun-07 00:13:46

all i can say is dont get a hot point....

(while my dads hotpoint has recently died aged 24) my old bosses had a new hot point fitten in thei kitchen...

it was crap.... we had aa dishwasher man out numerouse times to find out why it didnt wash things clean.... often we woukd put in on twice even 3 times....

drove us mad... they have recently replaced a 2 year old "working" hotpoint with a john lewis machine

(my father has also replaced his hotpoint with a john lewis machine in the past 3 months)... both JL machines so far are fantatsic and actually wash the dishes clean they also have a 3 year garentee.

My fav dishwashers though are miele... they do cost a lot more but they are designed to work for more than a few years.... all the other places where i work have a miele and they are pretty fantastic! IMO

CristinaTheAstonishing Wed 27-Jun-07 01:17:01

We've had a Bosch for 8 years and it's still going strong. It's a slimline model. We bought it to fit the space available (stupid kitchen designer got his measurements wrong) but it has worked out very well in the end because it gets used well, we fill it up and don't have to run it half empty (or wait 2 days to fill it up and meanwhile some dishes start smelling inside).

hettie Wed 27-Jun-07 15:59:42

so possibly bosch or miele..... will check out what john lewis have to offer

chevre Wed 27-Jun-07 16:01:36

bosch definitely.

tuppy Wed 27-Jun-07 16:03:36

Miele are the best according to my regular Mr Fixit - he's from a small local firm which sells all sorts of appliances so has no axe to grind. We have a Miele which we inherited when we moved to our current house. Very quiet and efficient.

nailpolish Wed 27-Jun-07 16:04:32

i second the "dont get a hotpoint"

utter utter crap

ViciousSquirrelSpotter Wed 27-Jun-07 16:05:42

Don't buy an indesit

They are crap

What price range do you want?

I've just bought a Siemens one from John Lewis, 5 year guarantee and £349

I lurve ti

yaddayah Wed 27-Jun-07 16:05:49

and don't get a smeg

they are crap

bundle Wed 27-Jun-07 16:05:52

miele are v good, we have a bosch which has been fine and a bit cheaper than the miele. agree john lewis does good guarantees too.

MrsSpoon Wed 27-Jun-07 16:10:34

We have a Miele, just the budget model, it was around £350, we have had it five years now and it needed a small repair about six months ago (very small repair, all that was wrong was that a filter cover had come off and water/gunk had been gathering where it shouldn't and had blown a fuse, repair man glued the cover back on and replaced the fuse). Our repair man told us to keep hold of our Miele machines (we have a Miele washing machine too) as they are "very good machines".

I second the don't get a Smeg suggestion, we paid a small fortune for a brushed steel Smeg and it only lasted 4 1/2 years and we have friends with a Smeg dishwasher and they have had problems with the door.

MrsSpoon Wed 27-Jun-07 16:14:42

Ours must be similar to this cheap Miele

curiouscat Wed 27-Jun-07 16:18:23

Love our Miele, it's got a cutlery shelf instead of a basket so loads of room for other stuff. Its walls are thin so space inside is huge compared to other models. It does a quick 45 minute wash as well as energy efficient ones etc etc. Expensive but worth it I think. Also nice stainless steel exterior matches our Miele fridge (smug alert).

suedonim Wed 27-Jun-07 16:54:05

Don't buy Candy. The one in our rented apartment doesn't dry stuff and the plates all fall over as the racks aren't deep enough. Come to that, don't buy Candy anything - it's all garbage.

We have a Bosch at home, def recommend it. Our previous one lasted 13yrs and we only chnaged it because we had a new kitchen.

MarieCeleste Thu 28-Jun-07 08:17:16

Which? mag in March 2007 said

1. Miele G1230 SC
2. Miele G1220Sc
3. AEG Electrolux Favorit F40660

Nos. 4 & 6 were Electrolux and No. 5 was Bosch.

Your local library will have the Which reports - you can just ask for them in the reference section, then photocopy what you need. That's what I do, anyway

hettie Sat 30-Jun-07 14:14:48

sorry have been away- seems like consensus is meile then (even though they are a bit procy....) will try and hunt down a bargin
top tip about which and library- thanks
and cheers all for advice

hettie Sat 30-Jun-07 14:15:22

pricy even

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now