Talk

Advanced search

Urgent question for those who are fat of foot!

(42 Posts)
DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 11:32:15

I want some of these but my feet are too wide. Next had some great red ones that fitted but only in red and I don't really wear red. PLEASE does anyone who can't wear converse have something similar for wide feet? Oh and the urgency is because I go on holiday in a couple of days and the good old british weather is promising rain so sandals will be no good. Thanks!

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 11:37:17

C'mon now, I know you aren't all slim footed nymphs...

ktmoomoo Tue 26-Jun-07 11:44:40

im over weight but have slim feet but hate shoe shopping [ i know it not normal for a woman to not like shoes lol]

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 12:23:18

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 12:23:51

Oh! Duuuur, didn't see your message! I love shoes but hate shoe shopping because of the fat foot problem

TigerFeetFormerlyCheesyFeet Tue 26-Jun-07 12:42:50

I am watching with interest as I have the same problem

Everywhere I see wider fitting shoes (Clarks, Evans etc) there is nothing like this.

accessorizewithbabysick Tue 26-Jun-07 13:51:29

I used to wear Vans cos they are quite a wide fit (tho they're heavier than the ones you linked to). Very comfy indeed...Try a Schuh store, they'll have them & plenty of others. Many of the skate style trainers are wide-fitting in style.
Boden had some extremely cute ones in their catalogue, they were too small for me (I'm really a 9 but I thought I'd try their 8). Not sure how wide fitting they are. Or M&S do some wide styles?

bananabump Tue 26-Jun-07 14:02:53

I second the vans idea, skater trainers are sooooo comfy for wide/fat feet! Shame you don't have more time to choose because simplybe have quite a range of shoes in different widths, I actually found that when I ordered a pair of extra wide sandals from them they were gaping on me, and I've got elephant trotters!!

Evans don't have many trainers... hmm, your best bet is probably just to try on some you like in normal shops and just not worry about lacing them up too tightly. Definitely try the vans though, they're like slippers, it's awesome.

fishie Tue 26-Jun-07 14:26:02

i have found puma quite good fit - i've got high instep, broad toes and narrow heel so shoes are utter nightmare. also look at ones with velcro fastening.

are you sure wll be ok to go on hols in new shoes? take plenty of plasters. and what is wrong with red shoes? if they fit why not buy them!

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 18:27:34

ditto fishie but without the high instep. Had a look at vans but can't find anything conversesque. Some funky trainers and some gawdawful slip ons too!
Anyone else?

Califrau Tue 26-Jun-07 18:34:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 18:40:12

wow, frau, you've really sold those to me...

not.

Califrau Tue 26-Jun-07 18:55:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DANCESwithnewlytannedlegs Tue 26-Jun-07 22:11:42

Yep, dh's room-mate at Uni had to keep his trainers on a string outside the window

cylonbabe Tue 26-Jun-07 22:19:57

i have very broad feet. ist hat what you are talking about?
if so, i have foundt hat it is always a better idea tto got o well, simply th enot cheap shops. go to proper shoe sshops. get them in leather, so that they will mould saround your feet. etc etc.
but i love shoe shopping, (hate clothes shopping) so i spose i have the patience to try on twenty pairs before finding something that fits.

Skribble Tue 26-Jun-07 23:04:52

Try TK max for some comfy skater type shoes. I hate looking for shoes too I am a size 8/9 with feet shaped feet so pointy shoes never fir me they are just so uncomfortable.

American site but appears to be a wider fit converse

Skribble Tue 26-Jun-07 23:05:45

Not being funny but have you tried mens converse type shoes? I quite often get mens trainers as they fir much better.

snowleopard Tue 26-Jun-07 23:09:21

I'm a size 8 with fat feet and I've found rocket dog are great - lovely and wide. Other makes I can wear are destroy (spanish brand), camper, schuh own brand, and at the moment I have some lovely diesel "hawthorne" men's trainers that are perfect, quite converse-like, very wide but don't look masculine. Also I think red or dead do wide converse-style trainers, a male friend of mine has some.

snowleopard Tue 26-Jun-07 23:10:51

Skribble LOL at "feet-shape feet"! I marvel at women's pointy court-shoe type shoes - where do their toes go???

WendyWeber Tue 26-Jun-07 23:13:00

Have you looked at SportsWorld at all, dances? They have masses of shoes, of loads of makes, and I'm pretty sure they have some like these (can't guarantee they'll have wide enough ones but it's worth a look )

lemonaid Tue 26-Jun-07 23:17:42

Not similar, but good for wide feet, are Hotter shoes (http://www.hotter.co.uk, I think) in Extra Wide. Many of them are a bit mumsy, though.

Sammy3 Tue 26-Jun-07 23:21:56

I've got flat, wide feet & always struggle to find shoes that fit. Judging by what I see in the average high street shop, I'll have no problem when I'm a pensioner iykwim

shoeshop sell wide width shoes. Enter "wide" in the search to see what I mean. But, being an online shop, you miss out on the vital ability to try them out right away. You can pre-pay for return postage in case you're worried that they might not fit. To quote them, "At point of purchase a 99p/pair returns paid option is available to UK customers will mean returns are free"

Sammy3 Tue 26-Jun-07 23:26:07

Forgot to say, I know that's no help to the original poster since she needs them right away, but maybe it'll help someone else.

snowleopard said campers fit wide feet. shoe-shop have some on sale. Hmmmm might buy a pair...

snowleopard Wed 27-Jun-07 09:57:52

Ah that's just it lemonaid. If you have big or wide or in any way unusual feet, there are manufacturers who'll do special shoes for you, but for some reason only in super-frumpy styles.

lemonaid Wed 27-Jun-07 10:55:38

Yes, I have some in just very plain (but not actively frumpy) but anything for evening is Right Out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now