Talk

Advanced search

Cosatto giggle mix handle height?

(4 Posts)
Triskaidekaphilia Thu 20-Dec-18 21:46:33

Had a look at some cosatto travel systems today as love the prints, build, and guarantee, but on the ones they had (giggle 2 and wow I think) the handles weren't adjustable and DH is very tall. I've seen that the giggle mix has an adjustable handle and I wondered if anyone has one and knows the maximum handle height? Or if anyone has seen them in a physical shop where we can try them out, that would be great too smile thanks in advance!

VI0LET Thu 20-Dec-18 22:08:27

If you look at giggle mix images you can see that it has a telescopic handle and a carrycot that converts into a seat. So the space for the baby's legs is quite short If you have a long toddler. Which often happens if you have a tall DH!

If you want the cosaatto for the prints , get the Wow as it has a bigger seat, a telescopic handle and a seperate carrycot. This means the chair is bigger and the footrest is adjustable, which is better for younger babies.

But it’s a lot more money .

Triskaidekaphilia Thu 20-Dec-18 22:37:40

That's really helpful thank you. The wow will probably be out of our price range unless it goes on sale, but might look at other brands, a long legged baby is likely as I'm reasonably tall too!

VI0LET Thu 20-Dec-18 23:19:37

Think about the length of the footrest but also if the seat frame has metal at the bottom, it will stick out more and hit the baby’s legs , if they are longer. It will hit the back of calves or ankles and be uncomfortable.

Travel systems with a removable seat often have smaller seats with a shorter back . So not ideal for tall babies.

With a front facing only buggy, the seat wraps around the frame and it’s bigger, so better for a tall child. But not good for a baby as they don’t rear face.

When your baby is older Jogging buggies are good as they are tall and have a weight capacity of 60-75lbs. You won’t get a fancy print on these though, they are usually black or navy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »