Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Double buggy suggestions for toddler and new baby

(20 Posts)
Tipex Sun 24-Jun-07 21:47:42

Have had a look but most are just HUGE! would be primarily for about town, into cafes etc so keen not to have a monster truck. Looked at the P&Ts tho and hated the idea of baby being so low and nothing to look at , plus is very expensive. any other ideas or shall i stick to a sling and my trusty maclaren? have got a buggy board BTW so this may do?

suzi2 Sun 24-Jun-07 21:53:30

DS was 18 months when DD (4 months) arrived. And TBH, we get on nicely with a single buggy and either DS walking or one of them in the sling or one of them in the lightweight stroller if I'm out with DH. I did eventually buy a nipper double from ebay as it was cheap and we use it to go country walks with them both. It's really manouverable, lightweight, easy to fold, goes in car no bother (one wheel needs to pop off). It's only 77cm wide so not very wide at all. You can get a newborn insert for little ones. About £300 new though so comparable to the P&Ts really.

I have a buggy board but DS has been a bit too wee to use it. How old is your toddler? Is he/she a keen walker?

Bibis Sun 24-Jun-07 22:00:33

i like the marco sky although I know many don't I would not go back to anything else, have owned maclaren double and large tandem.

Worth thinking about

stripeybumpsmum Sun 24-Jun-07 22:02:58

What will the age difference be? SIL has 2.5 years difference but says buggy board total waste of time for her tired and frequently stroppy toddler.
My DS will in theory 20 months when baby arrives. After taking lots of advice, doing loads of research and shopping about, we are planning to have a Jane PowerTwin Pro. Pricey - about £440 with car seat for July 07 model but seem to have good reviews and 2nd hand resale value. Despite initially assuming three wheeler would be huge, actually it is the only double we've found that fits in boot of my Corsa.

Tigerlion Mon 25-Jun-07 14:35:32

The Othello from Jusonne is great. It is tandem and really compact, making it easy to fold and put in car and take on buses. Only costs around £160 so very good price too. I have 14 months diffence between my two and they love it. The back reclines to four positions so takes newborn as it lies flat. Nice and easy to push too.

NannyL Mon 25-Jun-07 18:26:06

Personaly the only buggy id consider for a baby and todler is the P&T

i love mine!

gegs73 Mon 25-Jun-07 18:34:18

We looked at a Cosato Duo which we were impressed with. However in the end we went for DS1 old pushchair with a buggy board but DS1 is now 3. Loads of my friends have Phil and Teds which they are very pleased with. Guess it depends on how old your toddler is and how much use you think you will get out of it.

Tipex Mon 25-Jun-07 21:37:30

ooh thanks all some great suggestions to look into. DS will be almost 2.5 and he is a pretty good walker but Im thinking mainly of in and out shops or in a car park etc when id be worried about keeping an eye on him if he was 'free'. Also when he gets in a strop its bloody useful to be able to strap him in sometimes.

I thought the marco sky was just for two toddlers not a newborn so will look into that again. Never heard of the othello.

I really do want lightweight as I get stressed now if I cant get maclaren to fit into a cafe etc never mind a hulking great double!

MrsScavo Mon 25-Jun-07 21:40:44

The P&T is expensive but they're great. DS2 is 4 and doesn't often ride, but can hop in if he gets tired.

MrsScavo Tue 26-Jun-07 11:14:10

Check out the Cosatto Duet Lite. If i'd seen this a couple of years age, I might have bought it instead of the P&T, because of the price.

TheBlonde Tue 26-Jun-07 11:19:30

I have a P&T - baby seems happy enough in it
It is lovely to push and doesn't take up too much space in cafes etc

Downside is it is big when folded and not easy to get in and out of the car

We do a lot of walking and rarely use the car

You could always pop reins on him when you are in places where he might do a runner

viticella Tue 26-Jun-07 12:07:21

Cafe's - Phil & Ted's is quite narrow in front which helps with manoevring. Don't overlook you can _push it with one hand_ too. Also, I tend to put my smaller child in the double seat on it's upper postion, then if you push him right up to the table it's like a high chair (so you don't need to fold it). It has passed the Costa Coffee test for me!

P&T is also very adaptable, you can be pushing baby in a single pushchair, then toddler gets tired/stroppy and hey presto, you produce a seat for him by magic. You're never stuck with an empty seat.

It is bigger than umbrella buggy when folded but the wheels do come off easily. (remembers traumatic journey by train, taking off all three wheels to fit it into luggage space, while fellow passengers sang "three wheels on my wagon..."

gegs73 Tue 26-Jun-07 13:39:51

Cosatto Duet Lite MrsScavo thats what I meant. We thought it looked really good.

shhhh Tue 26-Jun-07 15:02:51

we have the cosatto duet lite as discussed below..Ideal esp given the price. DD is now 25 months and we are using it less and less and have bought a buzz for when she doesn't need it any more...
I tend to use it when with them on my own and when with dh we use the buzz and zapp...

Not the lightest BUT then again, I don't think any double buggy is light with 2 lo's in it.!

Tipex Wed 27-Jun-07 22:01:29

well Ive bid for a marco sky on ebay altho not actually seen one in RL which may be a bit daft! Looked nice and compact tho for about town.

I guess am mainly put off P&T by price as Im a bit tight when it comes to buggies! But DS was always a terror for wanting to see whats going on so am assuming new sibling will be the same!

Psychobabble Wed 27-Jun-07 22:05:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarGirl Wed 27-Jun-07 22:07:28

Really not keen on the marco sky they have very very high handles, was difficult to steer with the toddler in the front (well actually I couldn't!) and folded they are very very long so not suitable for all cars. I love my P&T and have tried nearly every double out there I have an easylife sport (3 wheeler) and you can buy a double seat for that which goes on the foot plate if you're interested!

Shoshable Wed 27-Jun-07 22:23:45

Another for the The Othello from Jusonne as a CM it is perfect and fits in the back of a Zafira.

TransfiguratingLily Wed 27-Jun-07 22:43:32

I have an emmaljunga twin which is fantastic but maybe bigger than you want, I have noticed single emmaljungas on ebay which come with a toddler seat that sits above the baby.

Bubbaloo Thu 28-Jun-07 11:19:51

I've had my Phil and Teds only a week and absolutely love it.My boys are 2 years old and 2 months old and it works really well.
It's so easy to push and although it's very heavy when folded it is about the only buggy that fits in the boot of my Fiesta(I tried just about every buggy!).
Yes,they're expensive but they hold their price if you then decide to sell them on.
I got the blue camoflage colour which isn't out til Oct in the UK,from a shop on Ebay in the States and with the doubles kit too only paid £215 plus p&p,so am very pleased .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now