Talk

Advanced search

Bike-mad 2yo - what kind of vehicle to buy her?

(8 Posts)
franch Sun 24-Jun-07 21:41:08

DD2 will be 2 in Sept - we're planning to buy her a scooter then as she spends more time on DD1's "3 years plus" one than DD1 does, and it's time big sister got a look-in!

For Christmas we're going to get DD1 a bicycle, so think we'd better get DD2 something at the same time - she'll be 2y 3m by then. Don't want to get her anything too babyish that she'll outgrow too quickly, given that she's a bit of a pro on wheels. Should we get a likeabike, or are there bicycles suitable for her age?

nell12 Sun 24-Jun-07 21:44:48

Try the mini micro scooter from the Great Little Trading Company. our 2 year olds love them, they are very easy to handle and steer. It took them about 20 minutes to get the hang of them and now there is no stopping them!!

franch Sun 24-Jun-07 22:13:54

Thanks nell, yes that's what DD1 has and what we're planning to get for DD2's birthday. It was her Christmas present I was wondering about - a bike or some age-appropriate equivalent?

WestCountryLass Sun 24-Jun-07 22:25:06

I would probably get her a 12" frame first bike with stabilisers as, if she is anything like my DD, she will want to do what her older sibling does. If it is a bit big she will soon grow into it!

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/TruHome/TruBikesWheeledGoods/TruBikesWheeledGoodsGirlsBikes/Tr uBikesWheeledGoodsGirlsBikes10To14InchWheel/727598

franch Sun 24-Jun-07 22:40:23

Thanks WCL - wasn't sure if they made conventional bikes for a 2yo, as DD1 is 3 and a half and we still haven't got her one! That looks like what we need.

Loopymumsy Mon 25-Jun-07 14:18:07

Message withdrawn

franch Mon 25-Jun-07 15:48:15

Ooh they look great loopy

piximon Mon 25-Jun-07 18:10:49

I think this is lovely wooden moped. My DD will be 3 in Sept and is desperately hoping to get one. Oops just read your post and you're looking for a bike.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: