Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Looking for recommendations for dvds for a 3.5year old boy

(15 Posts)
FLIER Sun 24-Jun-07 11:50:48

Going on our hols so we've a long car journey ahead.

LucyJones Sun 24-Jun-07 11:52:56

My ds loves Cars and the disney version of Winnie the Pooh at the moment.
He also loves cbeebies so maybe get a dvd with lots of the shows of that on it?

FLIER Sun 24-Jun-07 14:09:12

Thanks LucyJones. We got Cars out from the library, but he wasn't too taken with it, surprisingly

accessorizewithbabysick Sun 24-Jun-07 15:37:27

My ds is 3.6, he likes Kipper, Thomas, Bob. Kipper's really great actually, very relaxing. Also Hairy McClary (you can buy it on ebay via NZ or Australia) great if he's read the books. The wiggles - have you tried them? Wallace & Gromit too.

BreeVanDerCamp Sun 24-Jun-07 15:41:53

Nemo ?

jellycat Sun 24-Jun-07 15:46:43

Agree re Kipper. Also Lunar Jim, Underground Ernie, Fireman Sam. And we have some factual ones about diggers and dumpers, fire engines, army vehicles, rubbish trucks, and planes (they are aimed at children) which our dses love. For journeys, I try to find long DVDs, otherwise you are forever stopping to change them. See mega machines (all on that page) and big machines (first two on that page).

suzywong Sun 24-Jun-07 15:47:01

Old time Disney - Everyone Loves: Donald, MIckey, Goofy. They nauseate me, personally, but the musical scores are good and you may want to consider the aural atmosphere you have to endure in the car.

TwoToTango Sun 24-Jun-07 16:03:07

My DS used to love Brum at that age

tuppy Sun 24-Jun-07 16:20:08

My ds3 is 3.5 and loves Dumbo - we have an ancient video so don't know if the DVD version is similarly long since it includes another couple of short stories.

What about a wildlife DVD to ring the changes ? the BBC ones are excellent; ds3 loves Blue Planet. If you can stand it, there's also Bear in the Big Blue House x lots of editions...

isaidno Sun 24-Jun-07 16:39:21

My nearly 4 yo bsolutely loves tom and jerry, and pingu.

bobsmum Sun 24-Jun-07 16:42:24

Mr Men and the CLangers are going down well h
here - ds is 4. Agree that Brum is ace.
Cars.
Jungle Book.
Wallace and Gromit - but not the were rabbit one - ds got freaked when wallace turned into the were rabbit!

treacletart Sun 24-Jun-07 16:46:04

Best 3 films are nemo, shrek, toy story.

FLIER Sun 24-Jun-07 19:22:07

thanks everyone for replying, plenty to choose from there .

car25 Sun 24-Jun-07 21:49:41

Another vote for Kipper, and how about Percy the Parkkeeper?

schneebly Mon 25-Jun-07 12:19:57

Toy story a big hit here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now