Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a washing machine please (the other thread is 10 years old!)

(11 Posts)
MirandaGoshawk Thu 06-Dec-18 14:21:08

I have a Dyson. It is awesome - 30 min wash, choice of light, med or heavy wash, temp, spin up to 1400. But they don't service them anymore/can't get parts easily and I think the end is near. Can anyone recommend one that's fast, and intuitive to use?

TIA

MirandaGoshawk Thu 06-Dec-18 14:21:52

As in easy to use I can't programme the DVD player

FatimaLovesBread Thu 06-Dec-18 14:26:29

We've just moved house and the old house was integrated so we needed a new one.
We bought the Samsung 7kg eco bubble from AO and we're impressed with it so far. It had an upgraded warranty offer on too so got 5yrs instead of 2

Joanne721 Thu 06-Dec-18 14:29:36

My washing machine is Beko,it`s 4 years old(i`ve had it since new)i`m very pleased with it,it`s easy to use,never had any problems with it.

MirandaGoshawk Sat 08-Dec-18 12:44:47

Anyone else?

BertieBotts Sat 08-Dec-18 12:51:24

AEG has done us really well. Beko is meant to be a good price/quality ratio too.

You will find modern machines have massively long cycles (3-4 hours) it supposedly saves wayer by letting the clothes soak for long periods in the middle. Most have a quickwash function too though.

bionicnemonic Sat 08-Dec-18 12:55:27

You could check out ‘Which?’ If you have a library nearby.
Other than that I have a Bosch Max which is trouble free, no bells or whistles. Might I suggest you wait for the sales and maybe check John Lewis who not only price match but I believe offer a two year warranty on electricals

Whyiseveryonesoangry Sat 08-Dec-18 12:56:54

Funnily enough our MIELE washing machine has just died after 11 years. We were looking at replacing it with a Beko which has a one year quarantee, but was recommended a Sharp with a 5 year guarantee, slightly dearer but the price quoted included delivery, set up and taking our old one away. Has a one hour ‘daily’ wash programme or a quick 15 minute wash. Can vary the temperate of any wash programme selected too. Very easy to use just a dial and a couple of buttons.
So far, so good.

RandomUsernameHere Sat 08-Dec-18 13:13:25

I have a Siemens iQ300 which is good, would recommend it. It's only 6 months old though so can't comment on how well it lasts.

m0therofdragons Sat 08-Dec-18 14:14:17

Love my Samsung eco bubble. You can control the temp and spin to match what you want and it tells you the wash cycle time left. I've had it 3 years now.

MirandaGoshawk Tue 11-Dec-18 09:21:57

Thank you, all. Some interesting points here. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: