Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best place to find toddler duvet sets in 100% cotton and tasteful design??

(39 Posts)
Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:21:18

Hope am not asking the impossible...
Need it for DS1.
Dont like the White Co sets, bit twee.
Not after eg Bob/Thomas etc, but sth simple and must be 100% cotton which seems hard to find.
Any ideas much appreciated.
TIA

MuminBrum Sat 23-Jun-07 21:26:58

I think it's impossible! I did look at children's bedding sets but everything I saw was revolting. Do you know anyone who sews? You could buy some nice cotton fabric and have sets made up.
Because I am the Queen of Stingy, I ended up cutting down some old double duvet covers into singles for DS's bed. They are very nice pure cotton checked ones from Cologne and Cotton, had just got a bit threadbare round the top seam, and have matching pillow cases, so his bed looks very smart, and all for free.

cece Sat 23-Jun-07 21:28:21

I got a nice pink gogham one from Argos for DD a few years ago but not much good for DS!

ska Sat 23-Jun-07 21:28:32

designers guild are very good and are often very cheap in tkmaxx. otherwise if you can bear it, ikea

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:29:05

GOod idea, it does seem most bedding for kids is pretty yuk (just looked at Next, horrible!).
Hadnt really thought of making them (or realistically having them made) but that way I can get the style I want in 100% cotton.

ska Sat 23-Jun-07 21:30:39

my dd has eczema and has to have 100% cotton so i researched this thoroughly! try the ones i suggested and then some online places like jojomaman baby perhaps?

louweasel Sat 23-Jun-07 21:30:56

I ordered a 'girl' toddler duvet set (embroidered butterflies and flowers on a white background) from http://jojomamanbebe.co.uk. They had a couple of other designs. It's 100% cotton - the pillowcase is standard size not toddler though.

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:31:50

Hadnt thought of Des Guild, will try them and look in TKMaxx too...
Did see one nice one in GLTC but balk at paying £6 to have it delivered...

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:34:10

I did see some in JOjo thanks in right size and cottong, but they are all blue, I was hoping to find sth bright and cheery and not necessarily blue...
Cant get to IKEA or I would have gone there first, bit of a shame as I like their bedlinen...

horsemadgal Sat 23-Jun-07 21:39:35

Ah was going to suggest Ikea. The jersey cotton ones are fab, don't need ironing (whatever that is!)

fransmom Sat 23-Jun-07 21:40:48

how about trying http://thebigredwarehouse.com they have some character designs in there. hth fm x

fransmom Sat 23-Jun-07 21:43:17

sell it on mn!

hoxtonchick Sat 23-Jun-07 21:48:22

ikea

bodiddly Sat 23-Jun-07 21:49:31

how about Laura Ashley? I have a couple of sets for my ds that I bought in the sale for about £20 each. One is a cowboy design and the other a pirate ... they seem good quality too.

hoxtonchick Sat 23-Jun-07 21:49:40

the ikea toddler sets are with all the children's stuff, not the rest of the bed linen. they are all 100% cotton & have funky designs. we have lots!

bagpuss Sat 23-Jun-07 21:50:54

John Lewis £25 but not on line sadly.

fransmom Sat 23-Jun-07 21:51:06

not sure. was it advertised as toddler size? it does have the measurements on there so i may be worth askign at customer services. if you haven't used it (as it obv seems you haven't - d'oh!) then may they let you return it?

accessorizewithbabysick Sat 23-Jun-07 21:55:11

Bought a gorgeous bright one from mothercare (jungle) for my ds, but not sure if it's toddler size. Still looking good a year later, I really love it actually!

Pannacotta Sat 23-Jun-07 21:58:02

Cant you adjust the IKEA one to fit the smaller duver, as Muminbrum suggests?
Really like this one but not the right size or 100% cotton...
http://www.johnlewis.com/Home+and+Garden/Children's+Room/Children's+Room/Children's+Duvet +Covers/1654/230409661/Product.aspx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now