Talk

Advanced search

Panasonic DMR-EX87EB-K - or similar DVD Recorder with HDD

(3 Posts)
Walnutshell Fri 22-Jun-07 20:43:27

Looking for DVD recorder with HDD and keen on Panasonic as my dad has used a couple of brands and recommends (good old dad). Anyway, found Panasonic DMR-EX87EB-K for £299 at Digital Direct - thinking this is a good price but just wanted to check.

In truth, I want this mostly to enable me to copy Sony Handycam tape recordings to DVD (bought tape version before DVD version came out - damn, what a ball-ache) rather than record general TV crap although this might occasionally be a nice spin-off ...

prettymum Fri 22-Jun-07 20:46:17

i have a sony handycam, i had to buy an i link cable and i link port to connect to my laptop to transfer all my recordings over and then burned onto dvd disc

Walnutshell Sun 24-Jun-07 21:18:38

Hi prettymum, yeah I can download to PC but the Sony software that somes with the HCam seems pretty crap (IMO) and lacks any sophisticated editing features - believe me, my amateur filming would actually benefit from my equally amateur editing!

My dad uses Panasonic DVD Recorder to easily transfer film to DVD and although I'd prefer to use computer, I also want an easy option hence shopping around for recorder.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now