Talk

Advanced search

Britax car seats in France

(13 Posts)
DelGirl Fri 22-Jun-07 09:24:05

The French Britax website is down. I'm off there for the day next week and I just wondered if anyone knows whether the Britax seats are cheaper over there and whether it's worth looking out for one?

I'm after the Evolva 123 as a 'holiday' seat and I don't know if that's what they're called in France. I think the french version of Britax is Romera or something.

Can anyone help? tia

DelGirl Fri 22-Jun-07 10:54:45

bump

LIZS Fri 22-Jun-07 11:01:32

I think they still use the Britax brand in France as well as the European brand, Roemer. Doesthis help although I've never knwon a car hire fir,m be very specific about what seats they may/may not provide.

DelGirl Fri 22-Jun-07 12:00:50

Thanks. That one is even more expensive though.

I'm going to buy one to take on holiday and leave at my bro/sil place in Italy as they're vey expensive to hire. Just wondered if they're cheaper to buy in France. I can't wait until I go to Italy as I might not be able to get one and i'll need one straight away.

LIZS Fri 22-Jun-07 18:39:34

It is a pita to fit and there are many cars it just doesn't as it needs a lot of seat belt.

DelGirl Fri 22-Jun-07 18:44:57

oh, I didn't know that. Thanks. Well, I'll maybe look out for one but i'll go and have a look at toysrus or somewhere to see them in the flesh.

ib Fri 22-Jun-07 18:49:03

I'm in france and my car seat was more expensive than it would have been in the uk. check out the french site of toys r us, stey stock britax.

DelGirl Fri 22-Jun-07 19:41:31

Thanks, I can't find the website though. Hmm, i'm not sure what to do now. I don't think it's a good idea to get britax 1 now though I could have it here and take the isofix one with me to Italy. The maxi cosi priori does well but only lasts until 4 and its very heavy. I like the faxt that the britax does until 11 as it won't be used that much. <<scratches head>>

LIZS Sat 23-Jun-07 13:57:53

try http://www.babiesrus.fr/babies/result.php scroll down and enter Britax in the "par marque" box. Still not cheap though.

DelGirl Sat 23-Jun-07 15:41:17

thanks Lizs, well I guess that answers that question, I won't be buying one in France .

Still nore sure what to do wrt buying and taking one to Italy. I've looked at the instructions for the evolva and though it looks a bit fiddly, I would think it was do-able on most cars. When the actual seat is secured, it surely shouldn't take up much of the strap, does it?

LIZS Sat 23-Jun-07 15:53:29

Not when fixed perhaps but you need some slack to fix it in (in our Scenic it was pretty tight)as you have to feed it through really awkwardly (it weaves in and out of the back)then tighten and the base is broad so probably won't fit many profiled seats. Weighs a fair bit too if you are planning on travelling with it. btw the up to 11 is a bit of a red herring . You can use it as a high back booster but not just booster seat.

DelGirl Sat 23-Jun-07 15:59:59

Perhaps I won't bother then. dd will be 2.5 when we go in September and she's average height and weighs around 24lb? I wonder whether I should just hold on until she's 4 and then get a high-liner or something but that doesn't help in the meantime and i'm not sure I want to lug the isofix back & forth on my own.

DelGirl Sat 23-Jun-07 16:02:29

I need to check out a reasonably priced/light seat thats done ok in which? I think I read about a mothercare one thats supposed to be like the priori. I've gone boggle eyed, reading mn threads about them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now