Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

calling xplory experts:: "old" stokke xplory and car seat adaptors

(8 Posts)
theprecious Fri 22-Jun-07 08:26:04

I just bought an second hand Xplory which I am very pleased with, however it is a 2005/2006 chassis (as it has the wheel problem, I have emailed Stokke about that).

On a recent thread someone seemed to mention that only the 2007 chassis would take the car seat adaptor of the maxi cosi car seat.

Is this the case? I know if I ask the website first before buying they will say "yeah yeah fine".

Any xplory experts out there to help ?

Teaandcake Fri 22-Jun-07 09:05:12

Hi, the car seat adaptors probably won't fit on this chassis.

The simple way to tell is by the colour of all the 'buttons' on the chassis (all the mechanism parts). If they are white and in contrast to the rest of the chassis then it is the latest model and will fit the adaptors. If the moving parts are all dark grey like the rest of the chassis then its the older style and won't fit the car seat.
HTH.

nearlythere Fri 22-Jun-07 09:24:15

afraid so- only the 2007 chassis will fit the adaptors- i've just tried on the 2006 and you've got no hope!

Contact xplory regarding the wheels, explian that really you would like a new chassis because you would like to use a car seat, been a loyal customer etc (don't tell them you bought it secondhand) ask if they could upgrade the chassis, they may well, one of our customers had to pay about £50 but they did it! Especially at the moment with the wheel recall- they may be in a no-hastle mood and send you one to get a potentially irate customer off their backs!

Play on being pregnant and hormonal, cry if need be, stokke are fab at customer service on the whole and you may well be surprised at the result!

theprecious Fri 22-Jun-07 09:50:17

thanks V much for the advice - BUGGER that the car seat won't fit. I will try the crying and begging for a new chassis and see what happens.

second question, I have the pushchair but not the carrycot. I thought that the pushchair could be used from birth but it seems not. From what age do you think you could put a baby in the pushchair? (esp now I can't use a car seat - boo hoo).

my bargain purchase is turning into a bit of a pain!

nearlythere Fri 22-Jun-07 09:52:20

because of the bucket type nature of the seat i wouldn't reccomend using it before 4 months, the baby bag can be bought separatly and holds a good resale value- or keep a look out for one second hand- it doesn't matter if it matches or not!

theprecious Fri 22-Jun-07 14:52:39

Ok cool - I will look out for a carry cot as well.

I do have the baby insert - would the combination of that and the seat as flat as it can go, be OK?

in your expert opinon! Thanks!

nearlythere Sat 23-Jun-07 09:35:22

no probs if i get anyone offering one to me (i stock stokke and take them in part ex sometimes!) i'll let you know!

theprecious Sun 24-Jun-07 20:50:13

excellent - thanks nearlythere!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now