Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do you go all giddy with excitement when you buy a new appliance?

(15 Posts)
ghosty Thu 21-Jun-07 10:03:53

I just bought a new vacuum cleaner. I am worried about how excited I was when I brought it home. Unwrapping the box with all the pristine bits wrapped in plastic, reading the instructions from cover to cover, putting it all together and then, joy of joys, having my first 'go' with it ... admiring the smooth handling, the way it doesn't break my back, the way I can do it with one hand and then switch to my left hand with effortless ease, marvelling at how strong the suction is and how efficiently it hoovers up the crumbs on the kitchen floor.

Do I need help?

CountessDracula Thu 21-Jun-07 10:04:36

god yes

dh and I once were having a month off booze, we got a new washing machine and had to open a bottle of wine and sit watching it doing its stuff!

Cammelia Thu 21-Jun-07 10:05:36

love new toys

chevre Thu 21-Jun-07 10:05:39

i am the opposite and stare glumly at the thing thinking of all the more exciting stuff i could have spent the money on.

ghosty Thu 21-Jun-07 10:07:30

It has this nifty little storage thing where the hose clips on the the cleaner and it stores neatly upright without the nozzle falling over. I keep looking at it. I can see it now from where I am sitting.
Tis lovely.

nearlythere Thu 21-Jun-07 10:09:01

i got a new dishwasher yesterday and last night everything in the cupboards went through it so that i could marvel in its wonderful-ness!!!

ghosty Thu 21-Jun-07 10:09:55

<<nods understandingly at nearlythere>>

sparklygothkat Thu 21-Jun-07 10:21:06

I got a smoothie maker yesterday, I was so excited, setting it up and making smoothies for my kids

KerryMum Thu 21-Jun-07 10:23:00

I tell you what. I will be shouting the rooftops down once I organize my dishwasher (need to sort out a plumber and am waiting for the sales)

FioFio Thu 21-Jun-07 10:24:05

Message withdrawn

nearlythere Thu 21-Jun-07 10:24:33

its great- i did the same with the washer and dryer when i got them! Can't think of what to get next to feed my appliance passion!

lorisparkle Thu 21-Jun-07 10:30:12

I thought it was just me..... We've just got a new dishwasher (after a horible 10 months without one) and I was soooo excited and am really enjoying filling it at the moment and looking at the lovely sparkly dishes when they come out - ohhhh what an exciting life I lead!

ghosty Thu 21-Jun-07 23:00:52

<<gathers everyone to her bosom in a big group hug>>

Cammelia Sat 23-Jun-07 20:23:46

Cammelia Sat 07-Jul-07 16:37:27

I've just bought an exciting new tv, I don't even watch tv much but its a lovely-looking object

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now