Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone instruct me on how to use the oldest style jane matrix car seat?

(4 Posts)
mummysab Thu 21-Jun-07 08:14:09

Ive just bought one and it has no instructions.Ive worked out how to fit it in the car in the rearward position, but how do i use the lay flat position?what do i do with the matress, straps, car seat cover etc?thanks x

mummysab Thu 21-Jun-07 08:15:58

its the same as this one look here

horsemadgal Thu 21-Jun-07 21:14:02

You should have clips that attach to the seat belts that clip on the 'bolts' at either end of Matrix.
The big belt type thing with velcro goes through the mattress and fastens around baby.
Should be instructions on the Jane site, will go look now.
M x

NannyL Fri 22-Jun-07 09:14:41

personally i would never use that car seat in the lay flat positon.... as in indepandant crash tests it has proven to extreamly unsafe, and the baby is likely to be injured as a result.

Its a very safe seat when used as a normal car seat tho (and can be used from birth) so i would use it like a normal car seat.

Also on evaluation the risk of being in the lie flat seat in an accident is a much worse risk then sitting up to travel like in other normal group 0 seats!

You can see it all in this months which report..... again (was also said in 2006 (or was it 2005?).... anyway they dont recommend using it lieing flat when travelling in a car!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now