Talk

Advanced search

Lighter Life back carrier for (smallish) dd2 or stick with Baby Bjorn sling for our holiday next month?

(16 Posts)
cupcakes Tue 19-Jun-07 13:11:02

Going to the Lake District for a week next month when dd2 will be 7 months old. Technically she is old enough for the back carrier but she is smallish and doesn't have fantastic head control.
Do you think I will be better off keeping her in the sling?

LIZS Wed 20-Jun-07 07:46:14

Probably depends how long you are planning to use it for in a stretch. She may find it harder to snooze in the back carrier if she lolls around. We mainly used the Baby Bjorn until a year or so with dd (v small) but for longer walks we used the back carrier from about 8/9 months as it was more entertaining for her and comfortable for us.

TranquilaManana Wed 20-Jun-07 08:35:53

can you rent or borrow and Ergo? i am still using mine every now and then and ds3 is 16m+ he likes front or back and theres a head huggy thing to stop lolloping when they snooze.
is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more comfy than the babybjorn, for you and them.
hell, ill lend you mine!
(and am jealous. i love the lake district)

TranquilaManana Wed 20-Jun-07 08:36:35

an Ergo. god im crap at typing

babypowder Wed 20-Jun-07 12:53:31

I use a back carrier with my 6-month old, but I got a fantastic neck pillow from babyworld that keeps their heads from lolling about, especially when they fall asleep. I'd be lost without my back carrier - it lets me get on with everything!

Now if only I could find a rain cover for it ... it's 3rd hand and about 15 years old!

magnolia1 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:12:01

Bp, I'm trying to find a raincover for mine too. If you find a cheapy let me know where from

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

babypowder Wed 20-Jun-07 13:14:42

Magnolia, what kind of back carrier do you have? I bought a lighter life raincover, thinking it might work on my old mothercare backpack, but it doesn't.

tassis Wed 20-Jun-07 13:16:24

dd is 9 months and we still use the BB...well i would for very short distances, dh manages it for longer!

magnolia1 Wed 20-Jun-07 13:26:15

Its a Tomy Snuggli Dream Rider Back Pack Carrier

cupcakes Fri 22-Jun-07 09:42:22

thanks for the messages - sorry I haven't replied sooner. And than you for the offer of the loan, tranquilla.

I think I'm going to stick with the Bjorn for now. She's really happy in it and nods off easily. If she gets too heavy I'll swop her with dh.

Enid Fri 22-Jun-07 09:50:42

definitely the sling cupcakes

dd3 was also weeny with shaky head at 7 months and stayed inthe wilkinet (facing out) until she was about 10 months.

loved the back pack when she got in it though!

cupcakes Fri 22-Jun-07 09:59:42

what back pack did you get Enid? I will need one eventually for bracing country walks (done at snails pace with dd1 dragging feet)

Enid Fri 22-Jun-07 10:11:12

lol

we have the GS60 - we've had it for years, its done all three. Very good though, dd3 literally shouts with delight when she sees it and tries to climb ni on her own

I can put it on and take it off by mysefl which I couldn't with some

the lighter life carrier looks excellent though

cupcakes Fri 22-Jun-07 11:37:09

ah, good point about being able to get on by oneself - I will want to use it on schoolrun when dh is not here.

who makes the GS60? And how old is your dd3? I often think of you when I see bee striped baby shoes and the like.

Enid Sun 24-Jun-07 19:18:13

if you see this: gs60

dd3 has plenty of bee related items of clothing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now