Talk

Advanced search

POP CORN MACHINES

(4 Posts)
TheOriginalChatelaine Thu 27-Sep-18 14:56:35

I'm looking for advice please on a model of Popcorn machine, that would be suitable for a light commercial/social purpose - namely a community village cinema. where the maximum seating capacity is 200. & supposing half that number bought popcorn. I'd be interested to hear of other's experiences, any pitfalls, do's & don'ts etc. Tia.

prettygreywalls Thu 27-Sep-18 15:10:22

I've got a small one from Argos a couple of years ago , it's very quick and makes a batch within 2 or 3 mins , it's cheap to use and easy to clean
However if you have a film on it would be making a popping noise if used at the same time / in the same room
We tip the popped corn into a bowl £1 from Asda and wash it up afterwards
Tbh we don't use it very often

TheOriginalChatelaine Thu 27-Sep-18 18:04:21

Thank you for your reply. What quanityof finished popcorn does the machine make each time and what is the weight of the kernels at the start please?

prettygreywalls Thu 27-Sep-18 18:16:14

The finished bowl is about 2/3 of a large cake mixing bowl , sorry ages since I've used it so cannot remember the original amount of corn used , it's only about 1/2 a mug full though

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: