Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a long bodied swimming costume

(9 Posts)
millopat Tue 11-Sep-18 14:07:32

I'm tall and also have a long body and am looking for a swimsuit to wear to my child's swimming lessons.

As well as being tall I am also small busted so really cannot live with at least some padding, or I look like a 5 year old boy! Any ideas please?

Figleaves 'long length' are too short, and all ASOS tall seem to be 'plunge' i.e. completely open at the front which may not be appropriate for mother & toddler swim!

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 11-Sep-18 17:14:49

what about something like this? they have an option where you can have a 'home fitting room experience', and so you send back what you don't want in 30 days, and only pay for what you keep. i'm not sure if this has padding or not though

www.longtallsally.com/swimwear/active-swimsuit-12AD007/p?option=12AD007MUL

itbemay Tue 11-Sep-18 17:24:32

Long tall sally are good but expensive, i'm tall 5ft 10' and found the perfect one piece in tesco!

Foodylicious Tue 11-Sep-18 17:25:59

Have you thought about a tankini?
I think the m&s ones come up quite long

Jammiebammie Tue 11-Sep-18 17:28:16

I was going to suggest ASOS, they have a few scoop necks here which aren’t too low at all.
I have the same issue!

threads123 Tue 11-Sep-18 17:37:52

I’m 5ft 9 have the same shape and the only one that fits is the Boden wrap around swimsuit in long. It has padded cups but I find that they are ok for my flat chest. A few sizes left if you like it. Expensive but lasts years
www.boden.co.uk/en-gb/womens-swimwear/swimsuits/s0018/womens-wrap-front-swimsuit

Jammiebammie Tue 11-Sep-18 18:24:38

I missed the part where you wanted padding - sorry!
M&S do longer length swimsuits, and new look have some in their tall range too.

Foodylicious Tue 11-Sep-18 18:51:28

So these are not cheap
www.seaspray.co.uk/swimsuits?swimsuit_length=692
But maybe not too horrendous in the sale

millopat Tue 11-Sep-18 20:56:03

Thanks everyone for replying! Some great ideas here and I have just ordered a wrap one in the sale from Boden and keeping my fingers crossed it's a good fit.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: