Talk

Advanced search

Highchair suggestions

(7 Posts)
julia02 Wed 29-Aug-18 21:25:42

Help with highchair!!!

My baby is 4 1/2 months old. Soon, she will need a highchair. Which type do you suggest to me?
Thanks xxx

WooYa Wed 29-Aug-18 21:32:01

Ikea Antilop or Asda/Aldi ones... they're great when weaning because they're so easy to clean and you buy padded inserts for the IKEA one.

ChipmunksAreMissing Wed 29-Aug-18 21:32:09

IKEA all the way! Cheap as chips, hose down-able and folds small too!

TillyTheTiger Wed 29-Aug-18 21:36:04

A million times Ikea antilop! I spent £70 on a stupid, impossible to clean, all-singing all-dancing high chair and used it for about four months before switching to an ikea one, which I LOVE! If you get the inflatable insert it will help to support her while she's still tiny.

MulderitsmeX Thu 27-Sep-18 19:52:41

I got a second hand mamas and papas one off eBay and like it so far, paid 20 quid

NannyR Thu 27-Sep-18 20:00:16

As a nanny, I've used lots of different high chairs over the years. The two best ones are the Ikea antilop and the stokke tripptrapp. Most parents who start off with one of the padded reclining chairs, give up on it a few weeks after they start weaning, because they are so difficult to keep completely clean and buy the Ikea chair which is a doddle to clean.
The tripptrapp is a lot more expensive but it's a chair that will last from babyhood until they are teenagers. They are not quite as easy to keep clean as the Ikea, but a lot easier than standard high chairs. They look a bit nicer than the white plastic Ikea, you can get them in different colours and wood stains.

FizzyFeet Thu 27-Sep-18 20:06:05

If you’ve got the money, I’d recommend the oxo tot one. It’s easy to clean, smaller ‘footprint’ than the Ikea one, and flexible enough that it will become a chair for an older child. Wouldn’t recommend anything paddded or reclining. And if funds don’t allow, the Ikea one is good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: