Talk

Advanced search

University student seeking responses for dissertation research

(11 Posts)
Katemlh Fri 13-Jul-18 15:08:59

Hi, my name is Kate and I’m a university student studying for a masters. For my dissertation project I’m conducting research into laundry habits in the over 55 age category. I would be extremely grateful if you could spare a minute to fill in my survey. It would help me a lot and be greatly appreciated.

This is the link:
https://nbsnu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5BZv1EMrcnLTpit

I’m not familiar with the policy for posting on this site so if this breaks any rules feel free to delete it.

Thank you for any help 😊

BackforGood Fri 13-Jul-18 16:06:32

Clicky link

Not sure what it was getting at really, but, hope it helps your research.

Knittedfairies Fri 13-Jul-18 17:22:08

I’ve done the survey.

Katemlh Fri 13-Jul-18 18:46:09

Thank you!

TwitterQueen1 Fri 13-Jul-18 20:09:21

What a very bizarre survey. Are you being sponsored by a manufacturer?

Why isn't Berkshire an option on the county list? I had to choose a different county that I don't live in.

Washing is so low down on my list of priorities that brand / temperature / packaging is totally irrelevant to me. I buy whatever is on offer, whether it's 16, 24, 48 etc

Katemlh Fri 13-Jul-18 20:33:28

Hi, I'm not sponsored by anyone. I'm carrying out research for my dissertation into purchasing habits and what influences their decisions in the over 55 category. I'm sorry Berkshire wasn't on the list, I copied the counties over from a list online and must have missed one off. Thanks for your feedback though.

Zadocthepriest Fri 13-Jul-18 20:51:35

Was the income supposed to be my own, or the household?

Why should I be doing laundry for someone who can't do it for themselves? My husband is busy working full time otherwise he would help.

I sort my laundry, but by temperature and creasing, not colour...no option for that.

It sounds as if everyone over 55 is struggling with the complications of wrestling with weighty packets and tightly sealed bottles and complicated purchasing decisions......!

TwitterQueen1 Fri 13-Jul-18 21:05:10

Also, I wonder why there isn't a reciprocal question about others doing the washing 'for' me as well as me doing it 'for' others. I have 2 adult children at home - we all do washing 'for' each other. In other words, when the laundry basket is full, someone puts a wash on.

EdithWeston Fri 13-Jul-18 21:17:49

Agree with TwitterQueen that possibility that in your mid-50s you might still have teenage DC at home, and would therefore be doing family laundry in much the same way as when a decade or more younger.

BackforGood Fri 13-Jul-18 23:26:55

It sounds as if everyone over 55 is struggling with the complications of wrestling with weighty packets and tightly sealed bottles and complicated purchasing decisions......!

Yes, this is what I inferred from the questions.

in your mid-50s you might still have teenage DC at home, and would therefore be doing family laundry in much the same way as when a decade or more younger.

Yup, that's us

Was the income supposed to be my own, or the household? I too wondered that - I put mine in the end, but most of these things that want to categorise you by income, like to categorise you by household income, so I might have got it wrong.

I sort my laundry, but by temperature and creasing, not colour...no option for that.

Yup, well temperature based on how 'dirty' or 'clean' the wash is - if it needs a quick swish through or a thorough, hotter, longer wash.

and finally.... grin There is not option for '4 or 5 times a week' in terms of how often you do a wash.

Apart from that, it was easy wink

TwitterQueen1 Sat 14-Jul-18 08:53:03

Bumping for you OP so you hopefully get more participants!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »