Talk

Advanced search

Which tablet for kids?

(5 Posts)
Finlaggan Mon 18-Jun-18 00:05:03

My two, aged 9 & 5 have been using hudls for year and they've been brilliant. Sadly they're not made any more and are on their last legs so we'd like to get new tablets.

I don't want to get iPads due to the cost and wondered what other tablets you'd recommend.

Was looking at the kindle fire, not sure about the difference between the kids version and the regular one?

Does anyone have any recommendations?

TIA

HarrietSchulenberg Mon 18-Jun-18 00:38:08

My 11 yo has a Samsung Tab III and before that he had a Tab II. Put a case and screen protector on it and it's perfect.

Finlaggan Mon 18-Jun-18 07:22:34

Thanks I'd forgotten about Samsung I'll check it out. Still interested in any opinions on the kindle fire if anyone has any.

dementedpixie Mon 18-Jun-18 07:26:15

My 2 have Samsung galaxy tabA. With kindle you are limited to Amazon apps rather than the Google Play store

Footofthestairs Mon 18-Jun-18 07:42:48

Both of mine (6 & 9) have Kindle Fires, the standard ones not the kids ones. I turned on the parental controls it comes with, password protected everything and only the 9 yr old has Youtube. Good range of games including minecraft and roblox, plus kindle books and amazon video. Sturdy construction, good image quality, good battery life and the processor speed and memory size (16GB model) are good. Nothing negative to say about them here! Plus they start at £50, can't go wrong!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: