Talk

Advanced search

Knee and elbow pads

(4 Posts)
Thistledew Sun 17-Jun-18 22:21:46

Where can I find a set of knee and elbow pads for a tall but very slim 2 year old?

We are getting DS a balance bike for his second birthday and want to get him some protective gear but everything I have seen on line is for ages 3+.

It will need to be adjustable, probably with a Velcro strap or it will fall off him.

Thanks for any suggestions

Thiswayorthatway Mon 18-Jun-18 08:47:01

I wouldn't bother with protective gear, not far to fall and needs to learn, that's if he does get going on a balance bike at just 2.

Thistledew Tue 19-Jun-18 07:45:52

Thanks.

He is physically very confident and when he had a quick go on someone's bike in the park a few days ago he immediately got the hang of it but when he did wobble I could see that it would be his hands, elbows and knees that would bear the brunt of a fall. His knees are already permanently scabby through charging around at full pelt then tripping over so I'd like to keep the rest of him as unbloodied as possible.

Thiswayorthatway Tue 26-Jun-18 16:15:16

Bruised and scanned legs/elbowd are an inevitable consequence of having small children in my experience! Make sure he has a helmet on and then let him have a go.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: