Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

First birthday presents

(27 Posts)
Waswondering Tue 10-Aug-04 21:53:22

Can you give me some inspiration please! What was the best first birthday present your child received from yourselves [parents], or from grandparents? I'm trying to think ahead to what would be good in early toddler-hood and haven't felt very inspired.

Hulababy Tue 10-Aug-04 21:59:28

For her first birthday DD recieved from us a CD player for her room, and from others: doll's pushchair and dolls, bricks, books, Pop Up Ball Blast, wooden walker with bricks, Funky Footprints ... amongst other things.

Lisa78 Tue 10-Aug-04 22:01:55

Charlieplus3 just bought her DS3 a baby quad bike from argos, £30 page 1222
She's over the moon with it - though thats probably cos she's dying for a go on it! LOL

sanssouci Tue 10-Aug-04 22:06:08

What about 1st birthday PARTIES?! Any ideas?

Hulababy Tue 10-Aug-04 22:08:57

We just did a family tea party with us, grandparents (and auntie/uncles) and her little friend and his parents (our friends). Oh, and her god parents (again our friends) were staying over too. So just the one other child - they just played with toys, had some party food, played outside, etc.

woodpops Wed 11-Aug-04 08:18:40

Ws brought ds a buggy trike from Decathlon. It's really good. It's got a high handle and is really easy to steer. It's alot better than those ones with just a bar coming out of the back that are really low. IYKWIM. Ds really loved his trike we used it loads and it's now been passed down to dd.

Twinkie Wed 11-Aug-04 08:39:16

House for the garden and a little tikes car for the garden - all still being played with now (or so her father says!!)

ja9 Tue 24-May-05 22:15:32

hi waswondering. i'm resurrecting your thread! my mum has been asking about ds 1st b'day. i know it might seem a bit premature but she reckons if she's gonna get him an 'outside' gift then he should get it at the beginning o the sunner rather than the end.. so what did your ds get in the end?

darlingbud Tue 24-May-05 22:16:57

the best one IMO was an expensive rocking horse from grandma and grandad although dd has hardly used it.

MamanFlo Tue 24-May-05 23:00:45

Small nice present for 1 year olds...I have so many around me that I am getting use to it ! Apart from clothes, my two best ideas so far (or well received by both parent and the baby)

the Funky Footprint from the early learning centre (www.elc.co.uk) : it makes walking a game...and it's only 15 quids !

At organic baby (Elgin Crescent in London) I found a very colourful small backpack with the shape of an elephant...it had a lot of success and especially the concept of "my first backpack"

here you are

Frizbe Tue 24-May-05 23:39:21

The best thing dd got was a wooden truck with bricks in it, shortly followed by a trike at Xmas! The other thing most played with in the proceding year has been lego and her stepbrothers slide in the garden (it's a large one!)

assumedname Tue 24-May-05 23:44:18

My dd1's first birthday present was one of those plastic cars for outside, where they sit in it and push it along with their feet. She spent hours in it, pushing it, playing with the door and petrol cap. It helped her to stand up.
Good value imo!

Carameli Wed 25-May-05 11:32:37

My dd(now 20mnths) got lots of lovely things that she still loves. The ones that spring to mind are:

1) Vtech walker, with the activity centre you can lift off. She still loves pushing it around the place and showing off a bit that she can now lift if it and turn it around in the opposite direction. ALso still loves the activity centre.

2) Leapad, the first one with the cushion, loves it to bits.

3) Again, think it was from Leapad, the Learning table. Lots of things for them to play with on it. Also has two sound levels(very useful!)

4) A lovely wooden learning cube, has a chalk board, a xylophone, wooden numbers and a big 3d wooden bead maze on the top. It also great for storage as the wooden bead maze can be turned upside down do that it is just a flat box for putting away. I cannot remember where my SiL said she got it, but if you are interested CAT me and I'll find out.

4) A wooden Noahs Ark, with set of wooden animals to go in it. DD loves playing with the animals, they even visit her Happyland farm.

5) Happyland packs.... there are a load of different ones. Great fun.

Hope this helps.

franch Wed 25-May-05 11:54:34

Carameli, agree about the activity cube - my mum got DD this one from Blooming Marvellous and DD still loves it

Carameli Wed 25-May-05 12:09:17

thats the one, its brill.

Gobbledigook Wed 25-May-05 12:12:38

That wooden cube is lovely.

We got ds3 the Fisher Price incrediblock for Xmas and he loves that:

incrediblock

cod Wed 25-May-05 12:13:23

Message withdrawn

JoolsToo Wed 25-May-05 12:14:08

oh my! how many times have I said that!

Gobbledigook Wed 25-May-05 12:15:39

Hits in our house with the ds's at this age - along the same lines as others have said - toddle truck with wooden blocks in, ride on car for inside or out.

We got ds1 a little tikes climbing cube thing which was good at age 1-3 I'd say:

juniorgym

You can get it in Argos I think and ToysRUs.

Gobbledigook Wed 25-May-05 12:15:55

Tight or wot?!

cod Wed 25-May-05 12:15:59

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Wed 25-May-05 12:16:25

Is that why I only got a blow up zebra when I was one? Oh and a dressing gown I think!

See I remember!

JoolsToo Wed 25-May-05 12:16:28

Moi?

JoolsToo Wed 25-May-05 12:17:21

yeah something useful - you also got a big sloppy kiss!

loulabelle222 Wed 25-May-05 14:28:41

I got my ds a swing from elc for his first birthday (15th April) He loves it. I also bought him so clothes and essentials and some books.
I don't think it is tight not buying a baby a present for his first birthday as its true they do not know but i just think that is a special birthday and i couldn't not get him anything!
I got ds the leappad book thing at christmas and i have never got it out since. I thought it was rubbish .WHY O WHY make the thing out of paper that they will just tear why not something that has a bit more of wear. I was constantly having to take my ds hands away from it as he ripped the book to peices!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now