Talk

Advanced search

From pushchairs to vacuum cleaners, we've tested hundreds of products in real homes with real families. Head over to Mumsnet Reviews to find out which ones came out on top.

Amazon prime or netflix/spotify

(12 Posts)
allthingsred Wed 13-Dec-17 07:59:24

Need some advice
At the moment we have netflix & spotify buy thinking of going over to amazon prime for music & streaming. I would definitely be saving money but is it worth it. We all enjoy both netflix & spotify can you get the same amount of music & film content through Amazon or does it cost extra?

strongandlong Wed 13-Dec-17 08:01:41

Music streaming costs extra on Amazon.

strongandlong Wed 13-Dec-17 08:04:22

Hit sent too soon! Music unlimited is £7.99/month on top of prime membership.

allthingsred Wed 13-Dec-17 08:06:40

Ahh I didn't realise. So actually wouldn't be saving that much.
Thanks

helpmum2003 Wed 13-Dec-17 08:09:07

The film selection on Prime is poor IMO won't be renewing after my free trial. Why don't you do the month's free trial? Never used Netflix so can't compare..

Scabbersley Wed 13-Dec-17 08:12:42

I have all of them! We watch Netflix the most and listen to music through Spotify. Amazon prime films are pretty terrible. I only ever use it to buy and stream recently released movies.

Spam88 Wed 13-Dec-17 08:14:46

I have Netflix and watch a lot on there. I have had prime for a few months in the past, but there wasn't really anything that took my fancy on there.

BooksandSunandGandT Fri 16-Feb-18 19:44:30

Amazon music unlimited isn't free, but Prime music is. I'm not sure how extensive the Prime collection is because I don't use it more than a few times a month, but I've always found plenty of stuff to listen to and the app is easy to use.

I have Prime and Netflix and think the Netflix selection is much better for good films, US (and, increasingly, foreign language) TV series, and of course their original content. Prime is better for teens and kids, and also has more cheesy Hallmark-style films than you'll ever feel the need for. And, of course, some good original content too. I don't think there's much crossover between the 2 services in this country, so if there are things you really love on Netflix then I doubt you'll find them on Prime.

I keep thinking about giving one up too, but I massively prefer Netflix for streaming yet Prime is really good value when you consider the delivery benefits, free kindle book a month, music...

HopeMum Tue 27-Feb-18 16:43:48

I would suggest Netflix. I have both but Netflix is definitely better

mummyhaschangedhername Tue 27-Feb-18 16:49:23

I have them all, and now tv. Personally not a fan of amazon prime, rarely find anything worth watching on there.

butterfly56 Tue 27-Feb-18 17:08:02

I much prefer Netflix.

Amazon Prime is frustrating because they will put a couple of seasons on Prime then if you want to watch further seasons it's pay per episode.
Also no subtitles for the hard of hearing on about 50% of Amazon content.

Fintress Tue 27-Feb-18 17:11:24

We have Amazon and Netflix but tend to watch the latter more. I like Prime for the fast delivery and other benefits. Prime music is good enough for me as I usually only listen to it when I'm working out. My husband has Apple Music which he really likes.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: