Talk

Advanced search

Beware of JFTP / Just for time people / Effie Moss

(121 Posts)
MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 10:36:20

I have set up this thread after being utterly appalled at the way Effie Moss runs her business, treats those who work for her and those who sign up to her 'groups/clubs'

Everything I'm about to say WILL and can be backed up with evidence. Please feel free to add your comments and evidence below if you have any too.

JESSIET24 Sun 13-Aug-17 10:52:31

I too have lost hundreds of pounds due to this company.

AllShitsAndGiggles Sun 13-Aug-17 10:58:21

I too have lost 100's of pounds at the hands of this 'person' who claims to be oh so angelic and just this morning slated someone on her FB JFTPTV. Not a great way to run a 'reputable business' and be a 'mentor' imoo x

RockyBird Sun 13-Aug-17 10:59:24

Is it a MLM scam?

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:10:59

I originally joined came across JFTP when I saw an opportunity to start my own business making me a "Business Fairy".

From the very start is was clear that Effie Moss was unsure of the direction she wanted to take the Business in a box in! The initiative quickly changed from what I had signed up to - meaning I had to sell her products before I would be allowed to set up my own business with her help! angry

Luckily or unluckily for me I was offered a job working for Effie and decided that this may be the best way to get the support and insight into business that I had originally signed up for.

Seeing the way the business was run behind the scenes absolutely horrified me. Effie spoke to her staff like they were something she had stood in. The messages passed between her 'customer care team' were rude and slanderous to both customers and those in her business fairy group.

She would take people's money and then refuse to refund it when products were made incorrectly or they changed their minds - completely against the 14 day refund policy she quotes.

Initially she would be lovely to prospective new business fairies and then as soon as their money was paid her tone would change!! She would send vile messages to ladies asking for support or clarification of comments within her group.

People's businesses were closed down if they dared to give their honest opinion which happened to question Effie or was negative about the initiate in anyway.

Eventually after being contacted out of working hours in a vile exchange of comments I handed my notice in. I found that within a few days she had closed down my successful business website and Facebook page. Told the ladies I was working with not to contact me and made out like one of my children had died!! I was deleted from all groups too.

You may wonder why I have created this thread now. Well day by day I am contacted by ex-fairies, small businesses based on Facebook who have joined her new Business Consultancy Group, ex workers and suppliers all wanting to vent and ask for advice about they abborhent way they have been treated.

This lady is known NOT to pay her suppliers, she has 2 failed businesses which looks to be 3 very soon!

Effie is doing an all day sale today but yet is planning to close her business with an announcement being made at some point this afternoon. She has made slanderous unfounded comments about other small businesses because they dare to say her advice and support is substandard!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:13:35

@rockybird it's a scam but not MLM!

She is offering consultancy to businesses when she couldn't help the 200+ women to succeed in business!!

JESSIET24 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:14:26

This was my trust pilot review.

AllShitsAndGiggles Sun 13-Aug-17 11:24:10

Post 1/3 Trust Pilot review

AllShitsAndGiggles Sun 13-Aug-17 11:24:41

Post 2/3 Trust Pilot review

AllShitsAndGiggles Sun 13-Aug-17 11:25:05

Post 3/3 Trust Pilot review

Gobbolinothewitchscat Sun 13-Aug-17 11:31:25

Effie is doing an all day sale today but yet is planning to close her business with an announcement being made at some point this afternoon.

Well that's illegal.

I was about to order two tepees for our two girls. Lucky I saw this

Any recommendations for somewhere else reliable?

Jennypug Sun 13-Aug-17 11:34:37

I find this kind of interesting. I'd been following her business from before Dragons Den and we actually won one of the teepee things in one of the giveaways she used to have. The whole set up seemed very cute until they completely messed up Christmas a few years back, holding massive deposits for items they had no hope of delivering. When she set up this business fairy thing a few months later I stopped following her as I just didn't feel the business was ready to mentor other women when they'd so recently had such a disaster on their own. It also felt a bit pyramid schemey.

PacificDogwod Sun 13-Aug-17 11:37:38

If it sounds too good to be true....

Ginfernal Sun 13-Aug-17 11:41:03

Just placemarking

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:42:30

I must admit I did initially sign up for the mentoring of Claire Mitchell from 'The Girls Mean Business' She is fab at what she does and support from her was included in the fees. However Claire and Effie parted ways and it wasn't until I began working for Just For Tiny People that I was told. That was months later.

blackcherries Sun 13-Aug-17 11:47:00

What is 'Just For Time People'? Never heard of it and google not helping

Kidsfeet101 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:55:03

Just for Tiny people

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 11:56:32

Sorry it's a typo by me 🙈 It's Just for Tiny People

lovewatchingrainfall Sun 13-Aug-17 11:58:20

I am glad I have seen this. I have always thought she came across as a nice person.

JESSIET24 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:06:18

Even now as it all falls apart she is blaming everyone else . She took £500 from 200 women, yet she owes one supplier £47k . Her own greed and disgusting morals have put her in this position. All I hope is that no one else gets let down by her. She has no staff, no premises and is selling overpriced Tat from her home before the administators are called in later this week. Please do not buy from this company

Kidsfeet101 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:06:34

The woman is vile! I was part of the business fairies & the live videos she done to the group were horrendous! As soon as I joined things changed such as commission amounts. She would put promotions on & then because they didn't sell she would blame us & accuse us of asking for the offer??? The woman is deranged. I felt I was back in school as we were shouted at. People were scared to ask questions! And now she's set up a mentoring business hmm

I always see the good in people but this woman is wrong all over! Unfortunately it took me a few hundred pounds to find that out! She has stolen from families

debbs77 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:23:51

Goodness me, I can't believe things are so bad with this company! After the disastrous Christmas she had a few years back I thought that would've been a lesson for her but it doesn't sound like it!

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:26:33

I'm going to do a new thread with the correct name... sorry everyone

MaryMaryQuiteContrary12 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:33:43

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/products/3004988--Beware-of-Just-For-Tiny-People-JFTP-Effie-Moss?watched=1

user1483627789 Sun 13-Aug-17 12:50:34

Please read all of the evidence on this thread and on the Trust Pilot website before working with or buying from Effie and JFTP!

Until now I hadn't posted my thoughts on the company but just like all of the other ladies - I want to ensure no one else is effected by Effie and the company.

This year the company screwed me and so many hardworking mums over.

I stupidly worked with JFTP on their marketing and admitadly had the wool pulled over my eyes. I done everything I could for Effie and her business. The role I took on was on a self employed basis and I travelled 2 hours into the office weekly to help in whatever ways I could - often this not even being in my job role.

My boyfriend and I were looking to purchase a house but being self employed I needed proof that I had clients paying their invoices. Before putting a large sum of deposit down and having a mortgage I obviously needed to ensure I would have the income coming in and Effie resssured me that I would continue working with the company and signed a two year contract with me - two months later, I travel into the office to drop off stock they needed after selling on live video, take home more stock I was told to take to sell on live and receive an email when I am home saying she needs to cut ties - I am not hard working enough to continue working with JFTP as I did not stay to help them cut fabric. By all means I am happy to help out in anyway if I am informed to do so but surely I should be doing my role considering that's what I charged her for?!

I am then told that I took stock without permission(?!) and that I need to return all of the stock I have before I am paid my outstanding invoices. The unpaid invoices equivalted to around £1700 which to anyone is a lot of money to not receive but the stock was too large to fit in my car. After numerous back and forth emails I paid for a courier to deliver her stock
A week later Effie still tries to say her stock hasn't been delivered despite me having a POD.

After a few months I did finally receive my payment but so many other people haven't and have lost hundereds.

The whole company is just a shambles. I would of course not usually write something like this as it's not within my nature to out an individual or their business but when time and time again Effie is popping up to of screwed someone else over we just want to make more people aware.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: