Talk

Advanced search

Strawberry Angels Modelling Agency?

(22 Posts)
user1496780858 Thu 29-Jun-17 20:51:45

Hi guys!

Recently I went to a photographer who was working with the agency Strawberry Angels. They were offering free photoshoots (we just had to pay for photos if we wanted them) and then if the agency wanted your child they'd contact us. Well we've been asked if we could sign up our DS, we just have to pay £96 for the registration fee - apparently this is to cover his model page on the website and their model book and his model cards. I just want to check before I sign him up if anyone knows if they are reputable!

Char8578 Tue 11-Jul-17 20:21:40

Hi, I was just wondering if you've heard anything more about strawberry angels modelling? I can't seem to find any reviews about them. Thanks 😊

ComeTheFuck0nBridget Tue 11-Jul-17 20:23:00

I think if they're asking you to pay up front, something doesn't seem right. I thought agencies didn't charge the models anything until they started booking jobs and then took a commission? Sounds a bit suspicious to me.

squoosh Tue 11-Jul-17 21:05:04

Sounds like a scam. I know from reading many Just Seventeen articles in the 1990s 😅 that legitimate agencies never ask for a fee.

user1496780858 Thu 13-Jul-17 08:30:18

Hi! I haven't found any reviews about them still but all SEEMS legitimate. They seem to have done a lot with high end brands. Im going to meet with the tomorrow and will keep you updated!!

silkpyjamasallday Thu 13-Jul-17 08:52:52

The company may well work with big name brands, but this charging parents for a photo shoot and then 'putting the child on their books' is, not a scam exactly, but a money making enterprise that relies on a large amount of parents who^^ want to believe their child is model material shelling out more than they would pay for a straight photo shoot because they think their child will get work opportunities. The children they use for campaigns will be ones that they have scouted themselves and they won't have charged them for the initial shoot. Sorry but I'd steer well clear and just pay for a photo shoot on its own if you want professional pictures of your child. I have friends who are models/were child models and they see this sort of thing a lot with the less scrupulous agencies, they do the same for adults, but it works better for children as all parents think their children are absolutely beautiful and should model.

user1496780858 Thu 13-Jul-17 09:09:40

@Silkpyjamasallday Yes so this was my fear. I love my kids but are aware they might not be the most beautiful to other people haha grin So I was worried about paying this out and then not ever getting anything from it... Mainly went along for the free photoshoot and would be happy if thats all that came from it tbh!

UserXYZ Thu 13-Jul-17 21:23:03

Please let us know how your meeting goes as I'm in the same boat re strawberry Angela

Krj13 Wed 02-Aug-17 19:39:16

Hi there, just wondered if anyone has anymore info. My two children have been offered a place on their books.

Gemmylu Sun 26-Nov-17 22:53:12

Anymore info on experiences would be great? We’ve booked in for a test shoot at the weekend and now having doubts. My LG has previously been in an agency and we paid £96 for the year for spotlight, she got some good auditions but no work

EEEventually Tue 27-Feb-18 14:51:19

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this? Any further reviews on them?

Willswife Tue 27-Feb-18 14:54:31

Does anyone know anyone thatvhan't been offered a place with them?! Tell the parents their child is model material & it's £96 in the bank!

Willswife Tue 27-Feb-18 14:54:57

That hasn't

JL44 Thu 08-Mar-18 09:38:24

Oh my goodness, I'm having the WORST experience with Strawberry Angels Modelling Agency at the moment :'-(

We went along for a "free test shoot" on a Monday and then was given the option of three payment options if my daughter was to become a model. There were two options which didn't include photographs and they said we can provide our own but they can refuse them if they aren't the style they like, or they can take some for us and become a model for £500.
I felt like I pretty much had to go for the £500 option because otherwise, I'd go elsewhere to get photos and pay for those but potentially have them rejected and have to get more taken. They had a payment option for the £500 which was going to be almost £29 a week (which is more than £500 in total because it had interest applied, but they only told me that once I'd agreed to the shoot), and then there would be a £20 admin fee too.

I agreed to pay half in a few days time because they'd only put her images online after they'd received half of the payment. They took my card details and told me I'd receive a contract in a few days.

I received the contract on Wednesday night and immediately wasn't happy with it. It mentioned things which I wasn't previously told, like another charge of £50 when my daughter got her first job, and they would be her sole agency etc. I didn't sign it and thought I would just talk to them the following day because I didn't want to sign with them and I wanted a refund. Thankfully I'm entitled to one because it's B2C and within 14 days of the "test shoot".
They were closed on Thursday, didn't answer the phone on Friday but took my money.

Now we're really struggling to get a refund and I think I'm going to have to go to the bank to claim it back. They're saying that the studio is closed until Monday which suspiciously is when the 14 day cooling off period is?

I don't trust this studio at all and I feel like as a new parent I've been taken advantage of for thinking my daughter is beautiful and modelling material :-(

Brittanyspears Thu 08-Mar-18 09:40:30

Mothercare provide a list of agencies they use and other stores will send you this if you email. There is also www.associationofmodelagents.org who have legit members only. I have never heard of them so would avoid.

Brittanyspears Thu 08-Mar-18 09:41:40

Also most legit agencies only open their books for a month a year as they are so popular. So if it is that easy to join prob not going to get you any work.

Sophialice Wed 04-Apr-18 23:12:46

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Coniston37 Sat 28-Jul-18 08:18:16

angryI’ve had a similar experience with strawberry Angels model agency Manchester. Went in for test shoot, like you told that I could use own pictures but they can refuse if not good enough. Pressured into signing up there and then. Didn’t hear anything for months so had to chase up the prints that I was supposed to receive. No response via email or messages. Had to get a bit arsy about it. Finally got to talk to someone who said they had been sent via post at Christmas! I signed my daughter up
In AUG 2017!! God know who has the first lot of prints of my daughter that were sent out. If they were sent!!! Had to keep on at them. Finally received very basic photos in January 2018 that cost me a fortune. Never heard a thing since 12 months on from signing up. Feel totally robbed, not even a newsletter email acknowledgment of a contract with them. Notification that my daughter was being submitted for work nothing at all. The owner was getting married just after I signed my daughter up I feel the pressure that was put on me to sign up was naughty. She closed the studio days after for her wedding for a good while. I can’t help but feel as if I was a good source of spending money for her holiday abroad! So disappointed and wondering how many more are in the same position 😡

Kempy30 Mon 30-Jul-18 01:18:15

We went today and they seemed legit but asked for £360 for Photoshop or £99 if we got our own photos which they might not year if they four like them. As soon as I said didn't want to pay for expensive package they weren't interested or even said bye!!! Total con, just want your money.

Coniston37 Mon 30-Jul-18 03:08:21

Yes exactly! Then you never hear anything again!! 😡😡

TheMrscc Sat 15-Sep-18 12:10:39

Anyone else worked with strawberry agency i

TheMrscc Sat 15-Sep-18 12:11:35

Im about to go for a free test shoot for my baby in a week anyone else worked with them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: