Talk

Advanced search

walkie-talkie

(5 Posts)
caro22 Thu 13-Jun-02 15:51:17

we're going on holiday with toddler and new baby soon and want a walkie-talkie that will work as a baby monitor at a distance so we can feel safe leaving them asleep and going to eat dinner. Worried toddler will try to 'help' if baby cries...
Can anyone suggest one that would work? I can't find one anywhere. Tks

MalmoMum Thu 13-Jun-02 21:25:39

Ignore baby monitors, go to an eletrical shop and look at walkie talkies. A technically superior product without the parent packaging. You will see them advertising 2km while baby monitors get excited about 250 m. You can fix the talk button for the baby's room by using a sticky tape.

lou33 Thu 13-Jun-02 22:07:32

We don't use baby alarms either, but bought a portable intercom system from Maplins for about £30. You just keep the lock button on in the baby's room and you can hear everything. They plug in anywhere, and there is no range limit I think. Used to have it in the garage when dh had it as an office to save me trekking out all the time.

caro22 Tue 18-Jun-02 12:54:42

Lou33 that sounds just what we're looking for - but i've had a look at their website and it seems both ends of their 'Wireless intercoms' have to be plugged into the mains. We'll need the receiver end of it to be mobile - is this what you have? No problem plugging baby end in...

caro22 Tue 18-Jun-02 13:16:09

Lou33 that sounds just what we're looking for - but i've had a look at their website and it seems both ends of their 'Wireless intercoms' have to be plugged into the mains. We'll need the receiver end of it to be mobile - is this what you have? No problem plugging baby end in...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: