Talk

Advanced search

What colours are you fed up of for your daughter's clothes?

(18 Posts)
backonthewagon Wed 12-Apr-17 14:53:49

I am guessing pastels, pinks and purples are the obvious choice here. What about other colours such as yellow, red, navy, black, grey, brown, white? I think those are the most common colors in most girl's sections but obviously include any other colours you are bored of.

GeillisTheWitch Wed 12-Apr-17 14:56:30

I no longer buy leggings in white or any other pastel/light colour as DD wrecks the knees with dirt stains. Apart from that I'd buy clothes in pretty much any colour as long as they were nice.

Midnightprobs Wed 12-Apr-17 15:16:24

My main hates for girls' clothes:

WHITE (particularly for younger girls): stupid colour, invites stains, ridiculously impractical. Needs a white wash, kids' clothes need to be chucked in a general wash. I also hate clothes with white stripes as they will also be a pain to wash. My most hated colour!

PINK too much of it particularly for younger girls. Even if you find something in another colour it'll prob have some fucking pink trim or logo

PASTELS and YELLOWS: don't like light colours for the same reasons as the white. Impractical. Plus child can end up looking like a washed out pile of sick in these.

I like red, navy, green, blue (all shades apart from baby blue). Practical clothes. Leggings, tshirts, joggers, jumpers. Dresses as long as they are easily washable and not too fussy.

BeyondThePage Wed 12-Apr-17 15:19:43

Black - 2 teenagers here.

(And grey and baby-poop-mustard...)

NotTheBelleoftheBall Wed 12-Apr-17 15:22:11

Not a colour - but FUCKING FRILLS!!

DD does not need drills on everything piece of clothing she wears. In fact she needs zero frills.

summerfruitsquash Wed 12-Apr-17 15:22:31

Not so much colours, but I can't stand wishy-washy, delicate floral prints that look like watercolour paintings. I much prefer brighter and bolder colours and prints like Boots mini-club and little bird often use.

Thingywhatsit Wed 12-Apr-17 15:24:51

My dd wears lots of navy, reds and dark pinks as that's what suits her.

Hate yellows/lemons/green and most things pale as they tend to stain and I just can't be doing with trying to get the numerous staining out.

Don't particularly like dresses, can cope with leggings and tunics though. I buy perhaps one nice dress a season (when on sale) so that she has something to wear for a smart occasion but I find them completely impractical for my girl who is a bit a tomboy and likes to get messy.

Really not keen on patterned long leggings either. Prefer navy/dark grey ones . The shorter leggings for summer I can cope with in other colours as long as they aren't patterned.....

Specialmeasuresofgin Wed 12-Apr-17 15:28:12

Pastels and pink.

I don't know what it's like now but when dd was small everything in next was vomit pink or wish washy pastels. Drove me mad!
The boys were lovely primary colours.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Wed 12-Apr-17 15:32:03

Love yellow. Hate navy blue!

DD is 5 and white is a very impractical colour for a child her age.

Basically, anything other than navy blue, white or more denim.

backonthewagon Sat 15-Apr-17 17:16:43

Do you like pictures? If so are you bothered about whether the picture is printed into the fabric, embroidered on or like a motif/transfer?

70ontheinside Sat 15-Apr-17 17:19:12

Is this some kind of stealth market research?

newmumwithquestions Sat 15-Apr-17 17:21:20

Love yellow!
Hate that everything has at least a bit of pink snuck into it.

thenoisytimetravelstudent Sat 15-Apr-17 17:31:16

It's the obvious one but I hate pink! Everything for little girls is pink confused

SparklyUnicornPoo Sat 15-Apr-17 17:42:01

white. DD is 8 and only has to look at white clothes and they're stained, pastel colours are nearly as bad. thankfully she's discovered goths and decided she only likes burgundy, dark purple and black, maybe some grey if she's feeling colourful. sure I have to walk round with her looking like a mini vampire but the stains show far less grin

I hate transferred on pictures, they often don't wash all that well, printed fabrics and embroidery are fine, although generally not DD's style.

backonthewagon Sat 15-Apr-17 18:41:29

Midnightprobs would this be too much white?

www.mothercare.com/unisex/little-bird-by-jools-striped-bodysuit/LLA894.html

lljkk Sat 15-Apr-17 19:02:16

Black. Some kind of mustardy ghastly yellow. Peach.
Doesn't matter so much what I think. She's 15yo.

What I'm really fed up with is I spend a fortune on her clothes (all of which she WHINE NEEDS) & she mooches around in the 3 same items all day, every day.

backonthewagon Sun 16-Apr-17 13:07:12

I'm not keen on denim, cord, sportswear, jogging trousers, collars, clothes with fake layers/hoods, transfers, applique, hoods on indoor clothes, (hoods on sweatshirts, thick cardigans are ok that you would wear in lieu of a coat in spring/autumn), fleece, man made fibres.

I cannot bear bows, ruffles, frills, tassles, scalloped edges, lace trim, puffy sleeves, cap sleeves, peplum frills, gathering, tucks, glitter, diamantes, sequins, anything shiny, sparkly, shimmery or furry, beads, animal print, halter necks, boob tubes, spaghetti straps, crop tops, short shorts, mini skirts, beading, silver embroidery, butterflies, flowers, fairies, princesses, hearts, stars.

I hate waistbands, buttons, pockets and zips on baby clothes and anything that fastens up the back or goes over the head but doesn't have shoulder poppers.

backonthewagon Sun 16-Apr-17 13:57:42

For me these colours are just boooooooooooring for either sex.

Brown. Stone. Beige. Cream. Tan. Camel. Mustard. Grey. Khaki. Black. Navy. White.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now