Talk

Advanced search

Marmoleum, Amtico, Karndean - posh lino advice needed

(1 Post)
purplegreen99 Mon 10-Apr-17 18:39:18

We are moving house later in the year and will need to get the whole ground floor flooring replaced in the new house. I'd like hard floors downstairs, but I don't like ceramic tiles as they are cold. Current house has oak that cost loads but has got really scratched, so I am not sure about getting wood again.

So I am wondering about posh lino like Marmoleum, Amtico, etc. If anyone has any of these I wondered how easy are they to look after? Do they scratch easily (we have a dog and cat plus we're all quite clumsy)? Do they look ok in a living room, hall and kitchen/diner or are they more for bathrooms and playrooms? Are they practical for a kitchen?

The other options we thought about were bamboo and cork, but have heard that cork gets damaged easily, not sure about bamboo.

What I want is something that is stylish in a neutral sort of way, isn't cold like tiles and will still look nice after a few years' wear - hope someone can advise!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now