Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy and Baby Safe Paints?

(4 Posts)
Samila Wed 15-Mar-17 22:13:18

Hi all

we have a painter coming over next week to paint our nursery so it is ready for the arrival of our baby in July:-)

Can anyone recommend any paints that are safe to use in pregnancy and also won't be toxic when the baby arrives.

We don't have much time to shop around so before the painter arrives and so was thinking of popping into somewhere like B and Q.

Any advice much appreciated smile

Samila Wed 15-Mar-17 22:16:13

Ps we just want to paint the room plain white x

gillybeanz Wed 15-Mar-17 22:40:19

I thought that you could use any paint these days. Lead used to be bad in years gone by, but it isn't legal in paint anymore.

I'd just ask/ expect the painter and decorator to buy the paint, they usually have their own preferences anyway.
We just used any paint, but we might have been wrong.
They're still here at 25 and 22 though, so must have been ok grin

PoochiePie Wed 15-Mar-17 22:41:37

I think 'breathable' paints with low 'VOC' is what you're looking for.
That said the only one I'm actually sure about is chalk paint as I recently did a load of furniture using Annie Sloan and im sure the website says it's totally safe for pregnant ladies, babies and even babies eating it (teething on the crib rails...)
But according to the Annie Sloan stuff, it can actually be used on walls too... not sure I'd do that though lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now