Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a great coffee machine please?

(10 Posts)
TitsalinaBumSquash Mon 13-Mar-17 21:02:42

It's DH's birthday next month and I'd like to treat him to a swanky coffee machine, currently we have a French press which makes lovely coffee but I'd like to upgrade.
We've had a lot of machines over the years and I know I don't want anything with pods, I'd prefer a bean to cup machine that can be easily cleaned.
I was looking at the Heston Sage or something similar, any reviews on any machines would be a big help. Thanks.

CointreauVersial Mon 13-Mar-17 21:04:49

I'm also on the lookout.....also for DH's birthday.

triskele Mon 13-Mar-17 21:16:17

I love my Ninja.

MrsGotobed Mon 13-Mar-17 21:28:14

Not bean to cup but our Gaggia Classic has been great.

We have a separate Iberital grinder

TitsalinaBumSquash Tue 14-Mar-17 08:34:02

I'm not adverse to using ground coffee, it's mainly pods I want to avoid.

Nan0second Tue 14-Mar-17 08:35:46

De longhi magnifica
It's brilliant.
Bean to cup
Can foam milk
Not too massive or crazy expensive.
We love ours.

TitsalinaBumSquash Wed 15-Mar-17 07:53:36

Does it do just hot water? I'm considering getting rid of the kettle and DS drinks tea like it's going out of fashion!
Also, is it easy to clean?

CointreauVersial Fri 17-Mar-17 13:49:30

I'd love one with the milk frothing built in (so you don't have to faff about steaming a separate jug of milk). An ex-colleague had one where you clip on a little jug of milk, and it does the whole thing.

I have a Gaggia Classic now, which makes great coffee, but it's getting a bit old (and it's not swanky enough for DH!!)

gingercat02 Fri 17-Mar-17 14:01:09

We have a De Longi Magnifica too. It was our house warming present to ourselves grin
It's bean to cup, easy to clean and use. I haven't used instant since we bought it. Not sure about making tea, it does do hot water but don't know if it would be hot enough for tea. I want a boiling water tap when we can afford a new kitchen

wonkylegs Fri 17-Mar-17 14:05:16

We've got this DeLongi one https://m.johnlewis.com/de-longhi-ec680-dedica-pump-espresso-coffee-machine/stainless-steel/p/3061513
We love it and it's a nice size and doesn't take over the kitchen worktop but also does all we want it to - my morning latte has now been perfected.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now