Talk

Advanced search

Oyster switch - any thoughts?

(1 Post)
TileTileTile Wed 22-Feb-17 18:49:27

Hi,

I am trying to avoid buying an expensive pram as I don't think I'll get much use out of it, and quite frankly I just can't believe some people spend so much on prams (seen plenty over £500!). I know at 6 months I'd want to switch to a light weight stroller so I can't see the point in shelling out so much money for something I will use for such a short time.

I like the oyster switch as many online shops have it for only £99, it's lightweight and the seat switches round to do parent facing, it folds up small, has a newborn lie flat, and you can clip a car seat into it.

I was thinking of getting this and a sling.

Would it be bonkers to put a newborn in the oyster switch? It is suitable for newborns but would you actually put a newborn in it?

I should also add that when DC is 3 months old we will be visiting family in another country for 3 weeks and will not be able to take a large pram, so by 3 months old DC will need to be in something light and portable. Want to take a small stroller we can gate check, as we have 3 flights each way, so 2 airport stops each way and want something to put DC in to avoid carrying DC constantly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now