Talk

Advanced search

In your tumble drier where does the "fluffy" collect? How do you access it?

(5 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Feb-17 17:12:15

Our tumble drier has just broken so need to get a new one

This one is about 24 years old so it has done a very good job smile

The fluffy collects in the main door in a plastic grill thingy (over the window) that is very easy to unclip, take out and open then take out the fluffy

It seems by looking online this afternoon that the plastic grill thingy that fits on the window/door has gone in the "new and improved" tumble driers

The thing that is good about the fluffy being collected on the door grill is that you can see how full it is each time you open the door

I also seem to remember that these fires were "maybe" caused by the fluffy close to the heating elements so am nervous what tumble drier to get that will be safe.

The size is important cos we need it to be 59.5 wide and 84.5 high which reduces the number of ones available with a back vent for a tube/pipe thingy

TIA MN for any help

RozzlePops Wed 22-Feb-17 17:15:30

I think all modern tumble driers have a lint collector. They are normally in the bottom of the opening, so only visible when the door is open.

I think the fires have occurred when the heating element has not been covered and the lint has been able to build up around it.

tinyterrors Wed 22-Feb-17 17:25:50

We've got a condenser dryer and the fluff all collects in the door of the dryer, there's a mesh tray thing that collects it and is really easy to remove.

The heating element is at the back of the dryer and well away from where the fluff collects.

Bananalanacake Wed 22-Feb-17 17:30:27

But where does all the fluff go if you don't have a tumble drier and hang it up instead, one of those mysteries.

RTKangaMummy Wed 22-Feb-17 22:32:17

Thank you for your help smile

I don't know the answer to your question Banana smile

DH is going to look at some tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now