Talk

Advanced search

what's nice at l'occitane?

(22 Posts)
hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:12:12

I've got 4 birthdays coming up for mates, and had a 20% voucher for l'occitane come through the door today (v good timing!) I only ever buy their shea butter soap, v nice indeed
so thought I could do a job lot and get something from there - does anyone have any recomendations? would like it to be a 'treat' something you wouldn't normally buy for yourself
thanks

hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:34:57

noone??

gscrym Wed 28-Feb-07 17:36:59

Their lavender stuff is nice. I love their milk based things as well. Most of the stuff at l'occitane is great.

Astrophe Wed 28-Feb-07 17:37:41

a friend bought some green tea body wash (?) the other day which she says is lovely. I think its all lovely. If I become your friend will you buy me birthday gifts from there?

mrsflowerpot Wed 28-Feb-07 17:38:09

I like their shea butter hand cream and the shea butter bath soak - also the verbena bubble bath is nice. lucky you with a 20% voucher

brimfull Wed 28-Feb-07 17:38:52

their hand cream is really nice

hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:39:53

lol
yes I will!

might treat myself as well then...
thanks v much, will try to get there on weekend ( without children!)

hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:41:08

I know! Not sure why - they say I'm on their VIP list, but hardly ever buy anything - have once or twice in the past year

for internet orders code is PPW37

littlelapin Wed 28-Feb-07 17:42:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peachygirl Wed 28-Feb-07 17:48:01

I love L'Occitaine. The hand cream is great, so are the soaps. I like the rose bubble baths and pretty much everything in the shea butter range except the footcream, which I think has an overpowering smell.
The verbena range is nice too. I prefer it to the lavender - I'm not really a lavender person.
If any of your friend are pregnant or have babies the 'mom and baby balm' is lovely

hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:51:38

this is all great, looks I cant go wrong
<how do you pronounce...is it a hard c or soft c?>

aDad Wed 28-Feb-07 17:53:27

all lovely - verbena, lavender v nice.

good pressies too, as it's a wee bit on the pricey side, and i wouldn't buy it for myself

treacletart Wed 28-Feb-07 17:53:27

I was given some of their rose bath stuff for Christmas and it's really lovely - very fresh and not at all cloying.

aDad Wed 28-Feb-07 17:53:57

pronounced oxitane btw

PrincessPeaHead Wed 28-Feb-07 17:54:14

I second the lavender stuff
there is a bubble bath that is wonderful - really proper lavender smell, very relaxing, and not at all overpowering.

I admit you have to like the smell of lavender though...!

Only think I don't like there are the after bath oils that go straight on the skin - but maybe that is just me.

Pruni Wed 28-Feb-07 17:56:41

Message withdrawn

hana Wed 28-Feb-07 17:58:22

I'm not that great of a friend......!!
so it's lox - i - tane ?

Tatties Wed 28-Feb-07 18:42:49

It's pronounced l'ox-i-tan

I love all the lavender stuff, I have a shea butter lip balm which is really nice, and I this range smells lovely IMO! I reckon you can't go too far wrong whatever you get from there. Lucky friends

Enid Wed 28-Feb-07 18:49:32

I like the green stuff

cant remember what smell it is

Enid Wed 28-Feb-07 18:51:32

verbena harvest

also I like the ambre one

hellywobs Wed 28-Feb-07 19:49:55

the shea butter SPF 15 facial moisturiser - won the Handbag Beauty Bible category for SPF moisturisers - I've used it and it does not give me spots and is very comfortable. Probably better for winter than summer.

MilaMae Wed 28-Feb-07 19:50:24

The almond stuff is lovely. Mum just brought me back some fresh orange stuff from Paris, haven't tried it yet. The Petite Marsailles (think I got that right) soap company is the same company. They sell really cheap liquid soap, shower gel etc in the hypermarkets. The lavender, almond, citrus etc stuff in that range is nice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now