Talk

Advanced search

Primark babygrows and vests.

(12 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Wed 28-Feb-07 13:20:48

Are they any good? How do they stand up to continuous washing and drying, and what are the sizes like?

DS2 seems to need new ones all the time, wondered if these were any good?

UCM Wed 28-Feb-07 13:31:57

I have recently bought some from Primark, the little girl ones with collars 3 for a fiver. They are fine, but do shrink with tumbling (I tumble everything, so wasn't worried as she is still small). There little boys clothes shrink when tumbled as well. But they seem to wash up nicely.

BethAndHerBrood Wed 28-Feb-07 13:34:14

Is the shrinkage enough to warrant buying the next size up? It's supposed to be a cash saving exercise, so don't want to end up buying them twice, iyswim! And DS2 is quite long!

Olihan Wed 28-Feb-07 13:37:31

I'd buy the next siz up if I were you. I bought ds sme 3-6 months ones that ended up only fractionally bigger than his 0-3's that he'd grown out of so it wasn't very economical for me!

BethAndHerBrood Wed 28-Feb-07 13:42:04

Thanks, that's really helpful. I can't afford to keep him in "next" babygrows, which is a shame as they fit him really well.

Kelly1978 Wed 28-Feb-07 13:43:19

not sure how much primark are, but I got from sains for £6 and they wash up really nicely. Only shrink a tiny bit with washing and tumbling and they retain their shape better than primark.

Kelly1978 Wed 28-Feb-07 13:46:31

7 from sains for £6, sorry, dodgy key on laptop

BethAndHerBrood Wed 28-Feb-07 13:47:26

Thanks for that kelly, never thought of there. Don't go normally, but will have to have a look. It's no good things being cheap if they only last 2 minutes, is it?!

beanie2bump Wed 28-Feb-07 13:48:12

have u tried boots mini mode ones, think u get 5 for £5 its the basic range and they are great, wash lovely etc,,, would recomend them

PrisonerCellBlockAitch Wed 28-Feb-07 14:00:14

i just bought some vests for dd and they seem to be fine. 7 for £4! although i'd have to say that so far i've found the tescos or boots ones the thickest.

BettySpaghetti Wed 28-Feb-07 14:12:07

I would also second Boots Mini mode or Tesco ones. Most of DS's day to day vests, babygros etc were from there and lasted well.

pelvicflawed Wed 28-Feb-07 20:41:06

I've had some 6-12mth Primark ones - they washed up fine but they are very small (and I don't think they have shrunk!)at 9mths my light 19lb DS has grown out of them. A friend gave me a pack of 12-18mth ones that wouldn't fit her admittedly big 8mth old on my DS there is quite a bit of room for growth but they certainly won't last till 18mth!!!!!I think I'd go for tesco/sainsbury ones next time - sizing is a bit more reliable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now