Talk

Advanced search

Micro Scooters - anyone know anything about these?

(6 Posts)
IlanaK Tue 27-Feb-07 19:00:29

My younger son (2.5) got one today - the mini one with the blue base and is loving it. But my older son (5.5) loves it more! The age and weight on them means that he really is on the cusp of not being able to use it though. He wants one of his own and I looked at what others they do. The original kickboard seems to be similar to the mini micro (minus the t-bar handle), but is it the same? And for what age and weight?

It is sooooo expensive though at over £100. The have a compact kickboard for £89. Anyone have this? Is it worth the money?

So far I am really impressed with the scooter we got today, but it is a huge investment to get another one!

IlanaK Tue 27-Feb-07 20:34:41

I see these everywhere around here so someone on Mumsnet must have one!!

cornetjo Tue 27-Feb-07 20:57:18

Thats a lot for a scooter, I imagine it is an electric one?

charliecat Tue 27-Feb-07 20:59:33

anything wrong with this bit of kit? instead...why so much?

martini Tue 27-Feb-07 21:49:58

Looked at Micro COmpact for DS as he loved his mini Micro. They are fun but v expensive. Sometimes you get similar coming up on e-Bay - not the Micro scooter one but K2 kickboard. They sell for a lot less.

Main diff from the mini is that its heavier and a bit harder to steer as mechanism has springs which can be stiff. However are more stable - harder to tip over forwards & they are such fun!

Adults can ride them so my main worry was that it'd get nicked - esp as they are v hard to lock up as have no obvious place to loop a cycle lock.

Reluctantly (I fancied one myself actually) decided to get a normal micro until he's old enough to go skateboarding.

If get normal micro don't get a really cheap one as it'll break easily if it gets any kind of heavy use.

IlanaK Wed 28-Feb-07 17:55:38

Martini - are you suggesting that I get another of the mini ones for my older ds? Do you tink that the age and weight thing is not accurate? I am worried he is too heavy. WHat do you mean by a "normal micro"? IS this the same brand?

I would still really like to get one for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now