Talk

Advanced search

4HEAD - Anyone tried this remedy for headaches and what did you think?

(8 Posts)
Sparkler1 Tue 27-Feb-07 16:11:38

I don't suffer with a lot of headaches really but when I get a headache or migraine I get a good one.
Someone I work with told me she uses 4HEAD so I bought some to try. It cost me £5+!
It's a like a wax stick that you rub onto your forehead at the onset of a headache. It smells menthol and makes a warmish feeling when you apply. Quite a nice feeling.
Had a headache today and put some on and it eased then got another headache later in day and did it again. Seems to have eased - not sure if stick was what helped it to go though.

kamikayzed Tue 27-Feb-07 16:13:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whizzz Tue 27-Feb-07 16:15:19

I've used it & to be honest it only seems to do anything if you catch the headache early enough. Also put too much on & it makes your eyes water !!
Suppose its better though than always reaching for the tablets

sweetheart Tue 27-Feb-07 16:15:43

I use it often and find it very effective when you have a mild headache.

The science behind it is that when you have a headache the blood vessles in your brain shrink and the extra pressure is what causes the pain.

When you put the 4head stuff on your head as it's menthol it sort of evaporates off your forehead which widens the blood vessles and releaves the headache.

At least I think thats how it works!

Sparkler1 Tue 27-Feb-07 21:09:07

That's interesting to know. Did wonder what it did.

Whizzz Tue 27-Feb-07 21:11:32

yes, as it evaporates it will cool the skin

foxybrown Tue 27-Feb-07 21:13:11

Have had a pregnancy headache for 3 days and its been driving me mad. You've reminded me - and I have some! Yes, I rate it. Thank you!

Lizzylou Tue 27-Feb-07 21:14:41

Used it through both pregnancies and it works, not for humdinger eyepopping headaches, but is very good (esp when no pills are allowed!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now