Talk

Advanced search

to anyone thinking of buying a stair gate...

(11 Posts)
PrisonerCellBlockAitch Tue 27-Feb-07 12:07:56

i really like the one i got last week. it's really no bother to use and shuts all by itself. was the work of five minutes to put up as well. and if you type 'shopcode' into the box when you're ordering you get a not-very-immense 5% off...

here

MerlinsBeard Tue 27-Feb-07 12:10:40

what a great idea! except i would trip over the bar at the bottom but other than that its fab!

Enid Tue 27-Feb-07 12:11:55

looks great

dh insists on a wooden one though

PrisonerCellBlockAitch Tue 27-Feb-07 12:14:03

there is a wooden version, i think it costs a fiver more. i think the reason i'm impressed with it is that it's SO easy to open. my friend has one that you have to lift a bar thing up and then put it down again, with the result that it tends to be left open...

Cloudhopper Tue 27-Feb-07 12:14:09

Thanks for the tip.

Enid Tue 27-Feb-07 12:15:01

ooh thanks we need a new one

Jelley Tue 27-Feb-07 12:18:19

Can you tell me /give me a link to a pic of how it opens, please?

I really need a new one, but all the pics I can find are the same and don't show how you open it. We had one which was quite fiddly and dp hated it, so we now have an old (broken) one.

TIA

ComeOVeneer Tue 27-Feb-07 12:18:48

My parents have got this one as it is quick and easy to put up, so ideal for a granparents' house when it isn't permenantly up. The downside of it though is the middle bit you walk through is a tad too narrow, making it awkward to get through with, say, a laundry basket.

PrisonerCellBlockAitch Tue 27-Feb-07 13:06:30

the opening it quite narrow, i'd agree. but it's fine for us as it's only just to stop dd climbing up to the office mezzanine. [ponce]

basically you just flick a little lever with your thumb to open the catch, then lift the gate up and over something or other in the mechanism. the weight of the gate takes it back and closes it again. so it's definitely a one-handed operation.

Jelley Tue 27-Feb-07 13:21:40

Thankyou Aitch.

It does sound good, but maybe not for me, as I need it for my kitchen doorway.

Jelley Tue 27-Feb-07 13:21:40

Thankyou Aitch.

It does sound good, but maybe not for me, as I need it for my kitchen doorway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now