Talk

Advanced search

Consensor dryers - are they any good?

(15 Posts)
swift1 Tue 27-Feb-07 09:39:55

THats it really, we need a new one and am thinking of condensor rather than vented.

OPinions gratefully receieved. Gracias!

BLWisbest Tue 27-Feb-07 09:41:15

Yeah they are great.
We've had our Zanussi for over 3 years and its still going strong.
It normally takes just under 80 mins to dry a load and probably needs the water emptying every 4 loads.

nailpolish Tue 27-Feb-07 09:43:02

80 mins? my non condenser takes half that time

sounds v expensive to run IMO

swift1 Tue 27-Feb-07 09:43:15

THanks, does it have a set and forget thing, which I think just stops the dryer if the clothes are full? I like the sound of these.

BLWisbest Tue 27-Feb-07 09:47:40

Thats for a 7KG load.

Not sure I get you Swift?
It stops when the water is full, obviously.

Bubbaloo Tue 27-Feb-07 11:55:07

I've just ordered a 6kg condensor dryer which is coming on Thursday.Just hoping it doesn't steam the room up like the vented ones do.

Bubbaloo Tue 27-Feb-07 11:56:28

Swift-I think you can get ones where the dryer automatically stops if the clothes are dry,before the allocated time.

Twiglett Tue 27-Feb-07 11:56:47

my zanussi is fab .. 7kg

isaidno Tue 27-Feb-07 11:57:20

Mine does not steam the room up at all.

i always use the eco setting which means it turns off when the clothes are dry.

DrumMum Tue 27-Feb-07 11:58:25

I won't steam up the room Bubbaloo, because the steam gets trappen in a compartment that you have to empty... I have a condencer dryer, but I only use it to finsh clothes off before I put them away... I never dry from soaking wet... with hindsight I could have got a vented one, they're much cheaper

Cloudhopper Tue 27-Feb-07 12:00:23

Oh yes. Condensers are absolutely fab. We have got one in the cellar and far from creating more damp, it seems to dry out the air in there. What an unexpected bonus!

I can't recommend them enough. We got a Miele which was phenomenally expensive - probably unnecessarily so. But we were so sick of unreliable laundry machines that we just invested our life savings in it!

I could kiss it. It has transformed my life.

Bubbaloo Tue 27-Feb-07 15:34:29

lol cloudhopper.

That's great to know it won't steam up the room.We had a vented one years ago and it was a nightmare with condensation etc...

MilaMae Tue 27-Feb-07 17:07:08

My Bosch one is fab huge drum so I can get loads in so less loads. Not had huge bills at all, cycles don't seem to be that long at all. It's in the garage as the blurb said it could be kept out there. I use the water to water the garden in the summer. It switches itself off when the clothes are dried. Would definately buy another.

MuffinMclay Tue 27-Feb-07 19:16:41

We've got a John Lewis one and it is fab. Very quick at drying, lots of options for different fabric types (I only use one though), and it has a timer so that you can delay the start if you like. We keep ours in the garage, so I'm not sure how noisy it is. Takes 55 minutes to dry a full load and the tank has to be emptied after 2 loads.

swift1 Tue 27-Feb-07 19:50:05

THanks everyone, condenser it is then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now