Talk

Advanced search

Mamas and papas armadillo - poor problems with rain cover - anyone ?

(9 Posts)
Glamorousglitter Fri 03-Feb-17 15:20:09

Hi.
Purchased mamas and papas armadillo for use with 1 year old. At the time we brought the shop floor model and they didn't have a lot of stock, there was a waiting list for any other colours etc and we needed something soon. They didn't have rain cover when we bought it but we were reassured it was robust and the child would be dry underneath. It arrived and we collected and I ve used it - brought back for store to check we were using correctly and used it per instructions.
Quite simply the child is wet underneath. I used it today and it was wet inside the hood and there were drops on the baby (who fell asleep as I was on the school run).
Phoned and spoke with the supervisor Who has said bring it back in. She also said 'oh it s really heavy rain today ..... implying she wouldn't have expected the buggy to keep dry !!. I m a bit at a loss. And I feel like they are making out that I am being unreasonable by complaining that the buggy is not waterproof. They have said they are keen to sort it at store level. I am keen to sort it / get a rain cover that fits and keeps buggy water proof.
But I would expect that the buggy should be able to withstand showers of rain and that the child should not be damp underneath it - right ?
Does anyone else have experience of this?
I guess I want to see if this is a problem for others or if I am being unreasonable in my expectations.
I ve had a Phil and teds and a bugaboo and haven't experienced this problem.
Just to say I love all other aspects of this buggy, space, manoeuvrability, how it collapses/ reclines etc. Baby is super comfy in it. But no good being wet !!!!! Any advice/ comments welcomed thanks

NapQueen Fri 03-Feb-17 15:22:02

Can I just clarify, you are using a pushchair in the rain without a rain cover and complaining that the child is getting wet?

Glamorousglitter Fri 03-Feb-17 16:10:18

Sorry if that was unclear
The raincover arrived a week later (store had to order it in as when we went to buy it was not in stock) it s one that clasps on to the end of the hood. Mamas and papas say the hood of the buggy is rain proof enough so you only need a plastic clip on one for the front.
When we bought it the SA assured us the rain cover was specially designed for the armadillo and the buggy inside would be kept dry.
It s not the case

Glamorousglitter Fri 03-Feb-17 22:24:15

Bumping for traffic

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 03-Feb-17 22:27:17

That's odd. I have an Armadillo Flip which I would assume has the same fabric. We've been out in some dreadful weather with just the hood and all weather footmuff, and DD has only ever been wet when she's pulled the hood back herself.

BowiesJumper Fri 03-Feb-17 22:28:17

I have the armadillo flip and my raincover goes over the hood too so maybe you should ask to swap it for the proper cover? The hood keeps light rain off but I've never tested it in really heavy rain.

Glamorousglitter Sun 05-Feb-17 10:15:35

Thanks for the feedback, i m not sure but assume it s the same material as the flip hood.
It was proper wet inside sad.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 05-Feb-17 13:47:35

Go to the store again. Ask then to get a comparable model out and pour the same amount of water over both hoods. If they refuse ask them how they intend to resolve your complaint without checking. Do this politely but loudly near the till.

Glamorousglitter Tue 07-Feb-17 15:59:15

Ha thanks, not sure they would be happy with pouring jugs of water in the store ! But I will go back to them this week and see

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now